Visa 590 – Student Guardian Visa
Student Guardian Visa allows you to stay in Australia as a guardian of a Student Visa holder. You can visit Australia to support an international student visa holder under 18 years of age or older.
590 Visa Processing Time
The Department of Home Affairs processes all applications for Subclass 590. It generally takes:
- 21 days to finalize 25% of applications
- 45 days to process 50% of applications
- 4 months to process 75% of applications
- 9 months to process 90% of applications
590 Visa Eligibility
To be eligible for a Student Guardian Visa, you must:
- Be a relative, custodian, parent of an international student who’s 21 years of age or older
- Have enough financial resources to support yourself and the student during your whole stay period in Australia
- Support the student with accommodation, welfare, and other services
- Hold a substantive visa
- Hold adequate health insurance for your stay in Australia
- Be a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE).
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Sign the Australian Values Statement to prove that you’ll follow Australian law.
- Have no debts to the Australian Government. If you owe money, you must have arranged to pay it back.
- Not have had a visa application refused before applying to subclass 590.
590 Visa Cost
A Student Guardian Visa costs around AUD 630. You also have to pay for biometrics, health checks, and police certificates for a 590 visa.
If any of your family members also apply with you for visa 590, there’ll be separate charges for them.
Guardian Visa Stay Period
Subclass 590 Benefits
As a Student Guardian Visa holder in Australia, you can:
- Visit Australia and support an international student on Student Visa who’s 18 years old or above 18 in an exceptional case.
- Provide care and support to more than one student
- Enroll in an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week, or take any other type of study or training for not more than 3 months.
The Migration is a Registered Australian company working under the law of Australia. The objective is to provide authentic and affordable visa consultancy and education services in Australia and Asia. Our team consists of one of the best Registered Migration agents in Australia.
Are you planning on making a move to Melbourne to better work opportunities? We can help you with all your PR immigration issues in general skilled visa applications.
We are operating from various regions of Australia. You can find our registered migration agents and education advisors in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Perth and Harris Park
Connect With Our Certified Migration Agent!
Nasir Nawaz is a Registered Migration Consultant. University of New South Wales postgraduate with Law specialization in Dispute Resolution and having Graduate Certificate in Migration Law and Practice. He has passion about different fields of law and his diverse experience spans Psychology, Dispute Resolution and immigration law.