Do you want to build your career as a bricklayer in Australia? Well, it could be possible if you’ve got the skills and talent to accomplish your goals. Many people who want to work in Australia as a bricklayer are curious about how much do bricklayers get paid there. It usually depends on your experience, skills, and level of knowledge.
Did you make Australia a part of your bucket list? Don’t wait any longer. Do it now. Australia is among the most desirable places to work and reside. It provides high standards of living and a variety of career options. Skilled international workers come to Australia for a better future.
Recently, the Labor Government has taken control in Australia. The visa processing system in Australia is expected to be improved under the new Govt. So, you can apply for General Skilled Migration Visas to work as a professional bricklayer in Australia.
Over the past few years, there has been an increase in bricklayers landing in Australia. Australia offers a great salary package to its skilled employees. If you’re a qualified bricklayer looking to cash your skills in Australia, you must take the opportunity.
So, are you thinking about how much do bricklayers get paid in Australia? Hold on and keep reading. You’ll find the authentic facts and figures of bricklayers’ wages here.
Who’s a Bricklayer?
Bricklaying is a practical, rewarding, and challenging job. A bricklayer is able to see and touch the things they construct. Bricklayers set concrete, stones, and other construction materials in cement. They use these materials to build and renovate walls, doors, archways, and other construction projects.
A bricklayer normally works with other construction experts on a construction site. Bricklayers are mainly responsible for building a wide range of structures for residential and commercial buildings. They cut rocks, bricks, and cement into specific shapes. They use cement and mortar to construct and renovate various types of building structures.
Bricklayers build and renovate walls, doors, archways, and other construction projects. Cutting rocks, bricks, and cement into specific shapes also comes under bricklayers’ duties.
Bricklayers averagely set between 300 to 500 bricks a day. It depends on weather conditions and the complexity of the project. If you want to be a part of bricklaying projects and need assistance, book a consultation with us right now. Apart from that, they also do architectural work, such as painting or designing patterns on walls, buildings, floors, or arches.
What Will You Do As a Bricklayer in Australia?
A bricklayer work with various types of construction and building materials. If you work in Australia as a bricklayer, you’ll gain deep knowledge and experience in this field.
Being a bricklayer in Australia, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with hand tools or brick cutting machines, cut, shape, and refine bricks, stones, and blocks so that they will fit uneven surfaces.
- Determining which materials, dimensions, and installation procedures should be applied to carry out manual bricklaying work based on the building design, layout and specifications.
- Applying layers of mortar between joints and removing extra mortar
- Assembling bricks in multiple rows, shapes, and designs by using mortar as a foundation and joining element.
- Sealing foundations with waterproof materials
- Repairing and preserving concrete blocks, cement bricks, clay bricks, and other materials
- Executing architectural brickwork and creating arches
- Examining the vertical and horizontal placement of bricks and blocks
- Constructing door frames and windows
Assembling bricks in multiple rows, shapes, and designs, repairing and preserving concrete blocks, cement bricks, and execution of architectural brickwork and creating arches is what bricklayers do.
How much do Bricklayers Get Paid in Australia?
According to talent.com, the average salary of bricklayers is $69,125 per year or $35.45 per hour in Australia. Entry-level positions typically start from $60,000 per year. While the highly experienced ones earn around $85,500 per year.
It’s a frequently asked question how much do bricklayers get paid in Australia? So, we have the answers you need. If you want to earn big in bricklaying and need any sort of help, you can book a consultation with us at any time.
What Skills are Necessary to be a Bricklayer in Australia?
You need good stamina and fitness to work as a bricklayer. As it’s a physically demanding job. A bricklayer must study the construction plans and specifications before placing bricks. Additionally, bricklayers need strong technical skills and proficiency to understand construction drawings and details.
In order to be a successful bricklayer, you must have particular skills and abilities.
- Construction and building knowledge
- Organized, productive and detail-oriented
- Flexibility at work and in the workplace
- The capability to carry heavy items
- Good muscular strength
- Technical proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors and at different heights
- Able to work individually and in a team
- Determination & enthusiasm
Having skills in your field will make you touch the skies. A deep understanding of bricklaying will put you on the top. If you’re confident to have all these abilities and want to cash your skills in Australia, you must not wait. For this purpose, if you want to apply for a Skilled Visa, feel free to contact our registered migration agents.
How much do Bricklayers Get Paid? – Final Words!
Bricklayers earn a good amount of money in Australia. Even if you’re a newbie, you can make up to $60,000 per year in Australia. While if you’re highly experienced so you can earn even more. Australia has seen an increase in bricklayers in the past few years. So, you apply for a Skilled Visa to come to Australia and start your career in bricklaying.
- Skilled Visa Newsletter for March 2022 – Latest Updates!
- Temporary Relaxation of Work Hours for Student Visa Holders – Latest Updates 2022!
- How many hours can a student work in Australia 2021?