To apply for a temporary skill shortage visa the applicant must get his or her skill assessed by an authorized skill assessing authority. This assessment is to evaluate whether the applicant has the right skill set, talent, and experience in their nominated occupation or not.
Different categories of TSS skills assessment
There are two different categories for TSS skills assessment. They are given below:
- Applicants who don’t have an Australian qualification
- Applicants who have Australian VET qualification or Australian occupational license
The Application Process:
The application process for TSS skills assessment is different for its different categories. It’s given as below
For category one (Applicants who don’t have Australian qualification):
The application process for TSS skills assessment is a four-step process.
- The first step is to choose an authorized assessor. The RTO chosen for skill assessment should be approved by TRA (trade recognition Australia).
- In the second step, one has to submit all the relevant documents that are degrees, certificate of qualification, work experience certificate, etc. your RTO will guide you that which documents are required and relevant. Based on the given documents your assigned RTO will decide that you have required skills in your nominated occupation or not. If yes then you will proceed to the next step that is technical assessment.
- The third step is the technical assessment. In this step, the assessor that would be assessing your skills will be a qualified person in your nominated skill approved by TRA. He or she will assess your skills in your nominated occupation trough many ways like conducting one on one interviews with you, gathering information from your previous employers or by actually making you demonstrate your skill in a dummy situation.
- The final step is getting an outcome of your assessment. A positive outcome can be used in your skilled visa application.
For category two (Applicants who have Australian VET qualification or Australian occupational license):
The application process for this category is as below:
- The first step is choosing an authorized RTO. The appointed assessor should be approved by TRA.
- In the second step, the applicant should submit all the relevant documents as guided by the RTO. This includes your Australian qualification certificates, work experience in the nominated occupation, etc. This step will ensure that whether your qualification and work-experience show that you possess the skill level in your nominated occupation or not.
- Next comes the technical assessment in which an authorized assessor related to your nominated occupation will assess your skill through various ways like trough interviews, gathering information from your previous work-places, and also through practical demonstrations.
- At last, comes the outcome for your assessment. A positive outcome can be used in your skilled visa application.
Are you confused about the TSS skills assessment and want to learn more about it? Our MARA certified migration agent in Sydney can help you.