Subclass 407 – Training Visa
Do you want to improve your skills and abilities? Australian Immigration has introduced a training visa to develop your skills for your current occupation, the area of tertiary education or field of expertise. This visa allows you to stay in Australia up to the duration of 2 years to:
- Complete a workplace-based training in Australia
- The complete professional development training program
Processing Time for Training Visa – Subclass 407: 70 Days – 4 Months
Types of Occupational Training:
This visa allows you to take part in one of the following occupational training types:
Occupational Training to Get Registration or Licensing:
Workplace-based training that is required to get occupational registration, licensing, or membership. In addition to that, registration, membership, or licensing must be compulsory to work for your occupation in your home country or Australia.
Occupational Training to Improve Your Skills in an Eligible Occupation
This includes structured workplace-based training specifically tailored and timed according to the training needs of the nominated person. However, the purpose of this training is to improve your skills for your eligible occupation.
Occupational Training for Capacity Building Overseas
Structured workplace-based training specifically tailored according to the training needs of nominated students who are:
- Currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution
- Need the training to complete their degree, research, or practical training.
Structured workplace-based training with the support of the Australian government agency or government agency of the home country.
Structured training for employers to train their employees for the growth of the organization.
- Sponsored by an approved sponsor
- Nominated to take part in occupation training or professional development training if your sponsor is not an Australian Commonwealth Government agency
- At least 18 years of age
- Functional English
- Meet health and character requirements
- The genuine intention of living in Australia temporarily