Let's talk about it!
The Department of Home Affairs issues all applications for Training Visa 407. It processes:
- 25% of applications in 20 days.
- 50% of applications in 37 days.
- 75% of applications in 84 days.
- 90% of applications in 12 months.
407 Visa Eligibility
If you want to be eligible for a Training Visa 407, you must:
- Be sponsored by an approved sponsor.
- Be nominated by your sponsor to undertake occupational training unless an Australian Commonwealth Government agency sponsors you.
- A minimum age of 18 is required
- Have a valid temporary substantive visa if you’re in Australia while applying for 407 visa
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance for the whole stay period in Australia
- Be a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
- Have a functional English
- Sign the Australian Values Statement
- Not have debts to the Australian Government. You must have arranged to pay all debts back if you owe any.
- Not have had a visa refusal before
Types of Occupational Training:
This visa allows you to take part in one of the following occupational training types:
Occupational Training to Get Registration or Licensing:
Workplace-based training that is required to get occupational registration, licensing, or membership. In addition to that, registration, membership, or licensing must be compulsory to work for your occupation in your home country or Australia.
Occupational Training to Improve Your Skills in an Eligible Occupation
This includes structured workplace-based training specifically tailored and timed according to the training needs of the nominated person. However, the purpose of this training is to improve your skills for your eligible occupation.
Occupational Training for Capacity Building Overseas
Structured workplace-based training specifically tailored according to the training needs of nominated students who are:
- Currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution
- Need the training to complete their degree, research, or practical training.
Structured workplace-based training with the support of the Australian government agency or government agency of the home country.
Structured training for employers to train their employees for the growth of the organization.
For more Videos about Australian Immigration:
407 Visa Cost
A Training Visa 407 costs nearly AUD 315 for the main applicants. Individual charges apply to each family member applying with the main applicant.
Visa 300 Stay Period
Training Visa Australia is a temporary visa. The Department of Home Affairs might grant you a visa that permits you to stay in Australia for more than 2 years.
300 Visa Benefits
Being a Training Visa holder in Australia, you can:
- Come to Australia to undertake workplace-based training to improve your skills for your occupation, area of tertiary study, or field of expertise.
- Attend a professional development program in Australia.
- Travel outside Australia as many times as you want as long as your visa is valid.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t apply for PR after a 407 Visa. This visa is only granted for workplace-based occupational training activities. You can stay in Australia for up to 2 years to participate in a training program. You must return to your home country after completing the training.
Yes, you may apply for a 482 visa. Due to the broad nature of the work experience requirement, Home Affairs is likely to consider work experience obtained on a 407 Training Visa eligible for a 482 Visa.
Yes, Australian employers and government agencies can sponsor applicants for a 407 visa to undertake workplace-based training activities in Australia.
Yes, you can participate in workplace-based training programs in Australia. You can take part in professional development activities to improve your skills.
The Migration is a Registered Australian company working under the law of Australia. The objective is to provide authentic and affordable visa consultancy and education services in Australia and Asia. Our team consists of one of the best Registered Migration agents in Australia.
Are you planning on making a move to Melbourne to better work opportunities? We can help you with all your PR immigration issues in general skilled visa applications.
We are operating from various regions of Australia. You can find our registered migration agents and education advisors in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Perth and Harris Park
Connect With Our Certified Migration Agent!
Nasir Nawaz is a Registered Migration Consultant. University of New South Wales postgraduate with Law specialization in Dispute Resolution and having Graduate Certificate in Migration Law and Practice. He has passion about different fields of law and his diverse experience spans Psychology, Dispute Resolution and immigration law.