5 Important Things That You Need To Know About Skilled Independent Visa
Australian Skilled Migration is one of the most popular migration programs in the world. Also, one of the major sources of immigrants in Australia is through skilled visas. Last year, two-thirds of total visas were granted to skilled people. The reason for granting a large number of skilled visas is to meet the shortage of skills in different occupations in Australia. Moreover, Australian immigration has introduced new agreements and visas to fulfil the needs of skills in regional areas.
If we talk more about the skilled migration Australia, the most popular visa is the Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Visa. Here are the most important things that you need to know if you want to apply for this visa.
About Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189:
Following are the major points about this visa:
- A Points-tested visa allows skilled workers to live and work in Australia permanently.
- Does not require the applicant to get the sponsorship or nomination by an employer, family member or the government.
- Meet the shortage of skills in different occupations by inviting skilled workers from different countries of the world.
- Department of Home Affairs invites those applicants who meet eligibility requirements to apply for this visa.
- Partner, dependent child or dependent relative of you or your partner can be added to the visa application
The Process to Apply for Visa 189:
Following are the steps that every applicant needs to follow to apply for visa 189:
Check Your Eligibility:
Firstly, check your eligibility to apply for a skilled independent visa. Select your relevant occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Get your skills assessed by the relevant assessing body.
Calculate Your Points in Skill select Points Table
Secondly, calculate your points in the skill select points table. You must score at least 65 points to be eligible to apply for the visa.
Submit the Expression of Interest (EOI):
Next step is to submit EOI the skill select if you score at least 65 points. Skill select will estimate your points on the basis of your claims that you have made in the EOI.
Get the Invitation to Apply:
On qualifying the above-mentioned steps, get the invitation to apply by the Department of Home Affairs. Apply within the 60 days of invitation.
Eligibility Requirements of Visa 189:
To be eligible for a skilled independent visa, you must:
- Have an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List
- Score at least 65 points in the skill select points table
- Have a positive assessment by the relevant assessing authority
- Get an invitation by the Department of Home Affairs to apply for the visa
- Be under the age of 45
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have competent English
Cost of Visa 189:
Cost of visa 189 starts from $ 3,755 for the primary applicant. However, you have to pay additional costs for each secondary applicant added in the visa application.
Processing Time of Visa 189:
Processing time for visa 189 is 6 months. However, you can stay in Australia permanently after getting this visa.
Get Professional Assistance:
It is very important to have the right information and guidance about every step you take before applying for the visa. Take the right steps for the processing of your visa application to eliminate the chances of visa refusal. Hence, if you want to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189, take the help of a professional to have the right guidance.
We have Registered agents in various cities of Australia to help and guide you.
Categorised in: Skilled Migration
This post was written by admin