Love knows no borders, and couples from around the world are increasingly pursuing temporary partner visas to unite and build a life together in a foreign country. In Australia, the Visa (Subclass 820/309) serves as a bridge to permanent residency and offers a host of advantages for couples.
In this article, we’ll explore the top benefits of the Temporary Partner Visa in Australia for couples in 2023, highlighting why it’s an attractive option for those in genuine relationships. Here is a complete guide on the Partner Visa Application process and more.
What is a Temporary Partner Visa?
An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen may bring their partner or spouse to live in Australia for a set amount of time with the help of a Temporary Partner Visa.
The visa can be used to obtain permanent residency in Australia. It is often given to those in sincere, committed partnerships. It enables the bearer of the visa to reside, work, and further their education in Australia while their application for a permanent partner visa is being processed.
Top Benefits of the Temporary Partner Visa for Couples
This visa offers a plethora of benefits like access to Medicare and Australian Universities. But that is not all, here is everything you will be getting for the temporary partner visa in Australia.
- Living Together: The most obvious and cherished benefit of the Visa is the opportunity for couples to live together. Whether you’re in a married or de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, this visa allows you to be together in Australia while your visa application is processed.
- Work and Study Privileges: Holders of the Temporary Partner Visa are not limited in their career and educational pursuits. You can work and study in Australia without any constraints, which can be vital for your personal growth and financial stability.
- Access to Healthcare: Australia’s healthcare system, Medicare, is renowned for its quality and accessibility. As a Partner Visa holder, you are entitled to enroll in Medicare, ensuring that both you and your partner have access to essential medical services and peace of mind.
- No Need for Separation: Unlike some visa categories that require separation during processing, the Partner Visa allows couples to stay together throughout the entire application period. This means you won’t have to endure prolonged periods of separation from your loved one.
- Pathway to Permanent Residency: Perhaps the most significant advantage of the Temporary Partner Visa is that it serves as a stepping stone to permanent residency. After holding the temporary visa for the required period and meeting certain criteria, you can apply for the Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801/100), offering long-term stability and security in Australia.
- Travel Flexibility: Temporary Partner Visa holders have the freedom to travel in and out of Australia as they please. This flexibility allows you to visit family and friends in your home country or take vacations without jeopardizing your visa status.
- Social Integration: Living in Australia as a couple provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture, make new friends, and become an active part of your community. This enriching experience can lead to a deeper connection with your partner’s homeland.
- Protection from Domestic Violence: The Australian government takes the safety and well-being of visa holders seriously. If you are in a situation of family violence during your partner visa application process, there are provisions in place to ensure your protection and support.
Top Temporary Partner Visa Processing Time
The top temporary partner visa application process varies according to your situation and location. Other factors that influence the time include the volume of applications being processed and the complications of each application. On average, it takes a couple of months to process the visa. In some instances, it can even take a year. Here are some more details on the Temporary Partner visa processing time.
Get your Temporary Partner Visa with The Migration
The Partner Visa in Australia is a lifeline for couples in genuine and committed relationships. It offers not only the chance to live together but also the freedom to work, study, and access high-quality healthcare.
The pathway to permanent residency and the absence of separation requirements make it an attractive choice for couples seeking a long-term future together in the Land Down Under. If you’re in love and looking to build a life in Australia, The Migration can can help you live a lifetime of happiness and contentment with your partner.
FAQs on Temporary Partner Visa
Q2. Can I include my dependent children on my Temporary Partner Visa application?
A1. Yes, you can include your dependent children in your Temporary Partner Visa application as secondary applicants. However, they must meet certain eligibility criteria, and you will need to provide the necessary documentation to support their inclusion.
- Do I need to be married to my Australian partner to apply for a Temporary Partner Visa?
A2. No, you do not need to be married to your Australian partner to apply for a Temporary Partner Visa. De facto couples (unmarried but in a genuine and committed relationship) are also eligible to apply. You will need to provide evidence of your de facto relationship, similar to married couples.
Q3. . Can I work and study in Australia on a Temporary Partner Visa?
A3. Yes, holders of the Temporary Partner Visa have the freedom to work and study in Australia without any limitations. This allows you to pursue career and educational opportunities while living with your Australian partner in the country.
Q4. What happens after temporary partner visa is granted?
A4. You’ll have to file for both temporary and permanent visa together. For both the applications, a single fee is paid. Once an applicant gets the temporary visa, he becomes eligible for the permanent visa