Are you considering a skilled visa for Australia? If so, then this blog is for you! you might be wondering about the skilled visa processing time. Skilled visa processing time for Australia is an essential consideration for those wishing to migrate to Australia, as it can have a major impact on their ability to move quickly and effectively. It may be simple to navigate if you have the appropriate knowledge.
In this blog, we will take a closer look at the skilled visa processing time in Australia and what you can expect. Additionally, we will offer some advice on how to streamline the application process as much as smooth. Keep reading if you’re thinking of moving to Australia!
What are the Different Skilled Visa Categories Available in Australia?
Those with the necessary training and credentials can apply for a skilled visa that would allow them to reside and work permanently in Australia. The different types of Skilled Visas available are:
- Independent Skilled Visa (subclass 189)
- Visa for Skilled Nominees (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
With the exception of the Northern Territory, the holder of a skilled visa is able to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. A points-tested visa is subclass 189 of the skilled independent visaThis implies that candidates are compared to one another based on factors including age, level of fluency in English, prior job experience, and educational background.
For skilled people who desire to live and work in regional Australia, a Skilled Regional Provisional Visa subclass 489 is available or for skilled individuals who wish to temporarily reside and work in regional Australia, subclass 491 of the skilled work visa is available. Both visas let the holder stay and work for up to four years in a certain geographical area. The type of skilled visa that an applicant can apply for depends on their occupation, skills, and qualifications.
Depending on the type of visa requested and the Department of Home Affairs‘ current demand, skilled visa processing time varies. Before submitting an application for a skilled visa, applicants are urged to examine the processing times.
Processing Time of GSM Visa Category in 2022
Skilled visa seekers are reminded that the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has announced changes to the skilled visa categories and processing time of skilled visas for 2022. The new skilled visa categories and respective skilled visa processing time are as follows:
- 18 months – 189 – Skilled Independent (subclass 189)
- 12 months – 190 Nominated Skilled (subclass 190)
- 9 months – A skilled work regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
These processing times replace the previous skilled visa categories and skilled visa processing time, which was 17 months for subclass 189 visas, 11 months for subclass 190 visas, and 8 months for subclass 491 visas.
skilled visa seekers are advised to take these new processing times into account when planning their visa application. skilled visa seekers interested in applying for a skilled visa in the GSM category can expect processing times of between 3-6 months in 2022.
This is based on recent skilled visa processing time in the same category. However, it is important to note that your skilled visa processing times can change periodically, based on changes in applications received and other factors.
Prospective applicants should also ensure that they meet all eligibility criteria for the skilled visa they are applying for, to avoid delays in processing. It’s important to be informed of the desired processing time when requesting a skilled visa for your preferred subclass. This will enable you to control your expectations and make sensible plans.
Tips to Reduce Skilled Visa Processing Time in Australia
- Understanding the demands on the skilled visa processing time is beneficial.
- Applying as early as feasible is advised. Fourth, it is worth checking with the relevant authorities to see if any current processing timeframes may apply.
- it is helpful to keep in contact with the Skilled Visa Processing team during the application process.
By following these tips, Skilled Visa Processing time in Australia can be reduced significantly.
How to Make a Skilled Visa Application successful?
Skilled visa processing times are expected to increase in 2022 due to the global pandemic.
- You should also include all supporting documents, such as evidence of your work experience and qualifications.
- If you’ve submitted an application, you may check its status online. Skilled visa processing times can vary depending on the visa category,
- it is important to check the processing time for your specific visa category before applying.
- You can seek help from a licensed migration agency if you have any inquiries concerning your application
Watch this video
What are the Factors Affecting Australian Skilled Visa Processing Time?
- points scored by the applicant in the Skilled point test
- English proficiency of the applicant
- Age of applicant
- Number of family members included in the application
- Availability of documents and their authenticity
- Relevancy and authenticity of work experience
- Processing time set by the immigration department.
- Accuracy of the documents submitted
- Response time to queries raised by immigration officers,
- The complexity of circumstances involved
- The nature and number of documents required.
- The availability of staff to process applications.
- The current visa processing workload of the relevant immigration office response time to queries raised by immigration officers.
In addition, Skilled Visa Processing time can be impacted by changes to government policy or procedure. As a result, it is important to keep abreast of these changes to ensure that your application is processed promptly. Skilled Visa Processing time can also be affected by external factors such as industrial action or natural disasters.
In these instances, it is important to contact the relevant authority to obtain updated information on processing times. By understanding the factors that can impact Skilled Visa Processing time, you can help ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible.
Get in Touch with the Top Australian Migration Experts
If you are looking to move to Australia and work in a skilled position, be sure to contact our immigration agency. To make sure your application is accepted, we can guide you through the procedure. With our help, you can reduce your skilled visa processing time and get started on your new life Down Under sooner.
If you are looking to apply for a skilled visa in Australia, it is important to be aware of the different types of visas available and your choice of skilled visa processing time for each. Our immigration agency can help you make your application successful and reduce the amount of time it takes to get your visa approved. Contact The Migration today!
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.