update for offshore candidates

Skilled Migration Program Update for Offshore Candidates!

In order to meet the critical skills shortages in South Australia, approximately 1,100 candidates have already been nominated by Skilled & Business Migration for the years 2022–2023.


Now is the time to benefit from this helpful update for offshore candidates, as South Australia is now nominating applications from more than 470 occupations. Make sure the following before applying to a skilled migration program:


  1. Your SkillSelect EOI’s data is continuously updated,
  2. Your supporting documents are valid
  3. Your favorite State or Territory to relocate to in Australia is South Australia.


Update for Offshore Candidates: How to Move to South Australia?

The following are the steps to follow to move to South Australia, according to the update for offshore candidates:

  1. If you are a skilled overseas immigrant looking to relocate to South Australia, use the Commonwealth Government’s SkillSelect system to express interest (EOI) and choose South Australia as your preferred State or Territory to move to in Australia. 
  2. After the submission of your SkillSelect EOI, the South Australian government may require you to apply for state nominations for the Subclass 190 visa or Subclass 491 visa. The priority occupations for these visa subclasses may include Medical Specialists, Health and Science professionals, Nurses, Teachers, Defence, Technicians, and Trades workers.
  3. For the South Australian state nomination, you must also meet the 
  • Visa requirements of the DOHA 
  • State-specific occupation requirements 
  • Skills in an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List


For more information about South Australia’s nomination requirements, visit the official South Australia offshore stream and FAQ pages.


Related Articles:



I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.

Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.