Bupa is an Australian health care company. It strives to make the world a better place by helping its customers live a longer, healthier, happier life. Bupa provides a wide variety of services such as wellbeing initiatives for the community, aged care, dental, retirement and health insurance. However, the Bupa medical visa services have been updated recently.
The Department of Home Affairs has temporarily changed the requirements for health examinations. The changes and updates are regarding the temporary visa applicants in Australia. If you’re a temporary visa applicant in Australia, don’t skip this information.
So, let’s dig into the details of the new updates about Bupa Medical visa services!
Immigration Medical Examinations for Temporary Visa Applicants in Australia!
The Department of Home Affairs announced temporary changes for people who must undergo health examinations. If you already live in Australia, you are generally not required to undergo a health examination if you are applying for a temporary visa.
In some cases, it might be possible unless you have declared that:
- You have lodged an application for a provisional visa, temporary protection or medical treatment.
- It is expected that you will have to pay medical bills or need medical treatment;
- Your goal is to become or study to be a doctor, dentist, nurse, or paramedic.
- You’ll be admitted to a hospital or disability care facility in the case of higher tuberculosis risk
- You’re pregnant and plan to deliver the baby in Australia;
- You’ll be at an Australian childcare centre for work or training.
- You’re aged over 75 years if you’re applying for a Visitor Visa.
- If you have had an outbreak of tuberculosis in your family in the past.
- The Department of Home Affairs has asked you to do so.
Important Notice about Bupa Medical Visa Services!
Bupa Medical Visa Services will cancel and refund any health examination appointments you have scheduled but not yet attended. You will receive an SMS from Bupa informing you of this. You should not cancel your appointment yourself by contacting Bupa. As long as you are not notified that your appointment has been canceled, you should show up if you can.
Updates from Home Affairs!
The Department of Home Affairs understands that Bupa centers are limited. It’s aware of the fact that appointments may take longer than stated in your letter of Request for Health Examination. As part of your visa application process, Home Affairs will follow up on service issues. If you would like to schedule an earlier appointment, you do not have to contact Bupa.
In some cases, the customer may be given an extension to complete the check and provide details. According to Home Affairs, if you are unable to take the health examination test on time, you must inform the Department by attaching details via your ImmiAccount.
Watch this Video!
Safety Measures by Bupa Medical Visa Services!
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic and in compliance with Australian Government policies, Bupa has implemented safety measures. Its purpose is to protect the wellbeing of its customers and employees.
For your safety, as well as the safety of Bupa customers and the team, don’t attend your visa medical examination under the following situations:
- If you have cold and flu symptoms such as, sneezing, blocked nose, sneezing, coughing, fever, throat pain, or breathing difficulties. It is recommended that you do not undergo a visa medical examination until you have been properly treated. Additionally, your symptoms must be fully cured. Bring a letter from your doctor if your symptoms are related to an ongoing chronic condition.
- If your local health authority has advised you not to travel, isolate yourself, or be quarantined.
- Bupa has set physical distance limits that limit the number of people that can attend our clinics simultaneously. If you’re applying for a visa, you must attend the appointment.
Many onshore visa applicants and students have received a message from Bupa that they’re not required for the health exam. Bupa has also updated it on its website. People who have received this message must comply with the requirements. However, if you haven’t received any message, they proceed the health examination.
Still confused about anything about the requirements of Bupa Medical Visa Services? Take a moment and book a consultation with us for assistance!
- How to Apply for Medicare Card?- Basic Requirements 2022!
- Difference between an Enrolled Nurse and a Registered Nurse in 2022
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.