The Skilled Nominated visa 190 is a permanent visa for skilled workers. It allows you to reside and work permanently in Tasmania. If the Tasmanian Government nominates you for a 190 Visa, you’ll receive 5 more points to help you reach the Department of Home Affairs’ pass mark of 65 points.
You are required to live in Tasmania for a minimum of 2 years after being granted a Visa 190. This visa is a great opportunity to live and explore your skills in Tasmania. So, if you want to work in Tasmania, you must apply for a visa 190.
The Tasmanian Government has published its latest criteria for Skilled Employment, Graduate and Established Resident pathways. In this guide, you’ll get to know how you can make yourself eligible for the Tasmanian pathways.
Tasmanian Skilled Employment Pathway (2022-23)
This pathway requires you to meet all the criteria listed below. Further, you must have one or more of the following priority attributes.
- Before applying, you must have worked in Tasmania for six months. You must have worked in Tasmania for 20 hours per week for a period of six months to qualify.
- Your current residence must be in Tasmania. You must plan to stay in Tasmania. While your dependents must not live in any other Australian state/territory.
- Your occupation must be closely related to your nominated occupation. It should be a skilled position within the same field as your skills assessment.
- If you are applying for nomination, your contract must be at least 12 months, with a minimum of 3 months left to go.
- This pathway may be suitable for subcontractors. The condition is that you have a relevant skills assessment. A minimum of 12 months of business experience in Tasmania is required.
Employment and Conditions!
- You must work for a well-established company. It must have been active for the last 12 months in Tasmania.
- It is essential that your conditions and wage are as good as or better than those that would apply to an Australian citizen or PR, with a salary/wage that is equal to the market rate.
- It is essential that your conditions and wage are as good as or better than those that would apply to an Australian citizen or PR, with a salary/wage that is equal to the market rate of salary.
Image Featuring Priority Attributes for 190 Skilled Employment Pathways in Tasmania!
Watch This Video!
Skilled Graduate Pathway in Tasmania (2022-23)!
Here’s the eligibility criteria to be considered for Graduate Pathway in Tasmania.
- You must have finished a course of study and received a letter of completion from a tertiary institution in Tasmania. Your course must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- From the start of your course and throughout your studies, you must have resided in Tasmania for at least two consecutive years.
- Your course of study must be AQF 5 (Diploma) or higher, or at least Certificate III related to an ANZSCO Major Group 3 or Group 4 occupation. The course must be listed on CRICOS with a duration of 90 weeks at least.
- You must have completed your course in Tasmania on-site and full-time.
- You must be currently living in Tasmania and plan to continue living there.
Ph.D. Candidates in Tasmania!
The Graduate pathway is available to Tasmanian Ph.D. candidates even if they haven’t finished an undergraduate degree. In order to qualify, they need to have lived in Tasmania for at least two years and completed at least two years of their Ph.D. discipline in Tasmania.
Image Featuring Priority Attributes for 190 Skilled Graduate Pathways in Tasmania!
Established Resident Pathway in Tasmania 2022-23!
To be eligible for the established resident pathway in Tasmania, you must:
- You must haven’t spent more than 50% of your total Australian residence outside of Tasmania. As, at least 3 years of residence in Tasmania is required.
- You must be working in Tasmania in a position that matches ANZSCO Skill Levels 1-3. You must have worked at least 20 hours per week on average for the last 12 out of the 24 months.
- You must be employed in Tasmania for a minimum of 18 months in the previous 3 years. Your role should be equivalent to ANZSCO Skill Level 4 or 5. Moreover, you should be working at least 20 hours a week.
- You must have operated a business with taxable incomes for at least the last two years. It must be equivalent to the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (currently $53 900).
Image Featuring Priority Attributes for Tasmanian Resident Pathway Attributes!
Tasmanian Pathways for Visa 190 – Closing Point!
The Tasmanian Government has updated its criteria for Skilled Employment, Graduate and Established Resident pathways. Upon meeting the requirements, you can apply for the Tasmanian pathways for subclass 190. you can apply for the Tasmanian pathways for a Visa 190.
We’ve outlined all the details of the latest eligibility criteria and priority attributes for visa 190. If you’re still confused and need help applying for Skilled Employment, Graduate and Established Resident pathways in Tasmania, you can book a consultation with us at any time!
- 491 Visa Tasmania – Latest Eligibility Criteria 2022-23!
- Tasmanian State Nominations – Skilled Migration Program Updates 2022-23!
- 2022 Framework Review – Tasmanian State Nomination Program for Skilled Migration!
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.