Are you living outside Australia? Do you want to move to Western Australia? Here’s some good news. From the 2022-2023 program year, people living offshore can now apply for Western Australia state nomination. The ranking system will be used to invite applicants for WA State nominations.
Applicants living in Western Australia will be prioritized. As a second priority, WA will consider those who reside in Australia. Then offshore applicants will be given priority. However, there’re certain requirements that you must fulfill to apply for a WA state nomination.
So, let’s get into the details of the updated requirements of Western Australia state nomination.
Western Australia State Nomination – Updated Requirements 2022-23!
Here’re the latest requirements to follow if you’re applying for a Western Australia state nomination. All candidates applying for state nominations must follow this process.
- Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.
- In your application, you must mention whether you’re applying for WA state nomination or for any state/territory.
- To be eligible for a Skilled Nominated Visa 190 or Skilled Regional Visa 491, you meet the requirements set by Home Affairs.
- Meet the minimum point requirements by the Department of Home Affairs to receive the invitation. You must score at least 65 to be eligible for the invitation to apply for a visa.
Graduate Occupation List with over 300 Jobs – Sounds Interesting?
During the 2022-23 program year, you can have access to a more inclusive Graduate Occupation List. It’ll be an updated, improved and detailed list of more than 300 occupations. Currently, there’re 331 occupations on the GOL. Click on the Graduate Occupation List to find out the occupations included in GOL.
This updated Graduate Occupation List will be available in 2022-23. Western Australia will not start inviting applicants for nomination under the Graduate Occupation list until the 2022-23 program year.
WA has a top-notch education system and a variety of job opportunities. It has an efficient public health system. You can live, study and work in Western Australia. So, if you want to try your luck at studying or working in WA, you can book a consultation with us for a stress-free application process!
Here’s Something You Should Note Down!
For Western Australia state nomination, there’re some important things to note:
- Only applicants with a specialization in Mental Health can apply for WA State nomination General stream schedule 2. Your application must include evidence related to this specialization. However, WA will not consider any closely related occupations.
- Western Australian State nomination General stream schedule 1 only accepts candidates with the specialization of Medical Physicist. You must submit evidence related to this specialization with your application. A closely-related occupation will not be considered.
- For WA State nomination General Stream schedule 2, you can apply if you have a specialization in Harbour Master. Your application must include evidence of this specialization. Whereas, closely related occupations will not be considered.
Western Australia State Nomination – Closing Point!
There’re up to 331 occupations added to the Graduate Occupation List (GOL). Western Australia will start inviting applicants for nomination under the Graduate Occupation list in the 2022-23 program year. People who’re residing in Western Australia will have the first priority. On the other hand, applicants living in Australia will take priority, followed by applicants living overseas.
You can be eligible for WA state nomination by fulfilling some requirements mentioned above. In case you need help applying for the state nomination, contact our registered migration agents in Australia!
- WA State Nomination Requirement for Applicants 2022-23 – Big Changes in GOL
- Eligibility for NSW 190 Invitation Round 2022 – Updated Information!