If you love to cook and have a deep interest in trying out new recipes every day, you must start your career as a chef. It’s fascinating to know how successful chefs are in Australia. An average chef in Australia earns around $62,500 per year or $32.05 per hour. If you want to make money out of your cooking skills then Australia is the best place. So, the question is how to become a chef in Australia?
Well, Australia offers a Commercial Cookery course to become a chef. If you complete this course, you can sell your skills not only in Australia but anywhere in the world. Australia is among the world’s most beautiful countries. When it comes to being a chef in Australia, there’re a lot of benefits.
Firstly, Australians eat healthy which means that the demand for chefs who know how to cook healthy is relatively high. While many of us love the idea of being a chef, it comes with a higher level of responsibility and commitment.
Becoming a chef requires specific knowledge, skills, and experience in the field. You can earn a good amount of money as a chef in Australia. The Australian Government offers a number of incentives and benefits that help chefs to make a living in this country.
If you think you’re ready to take on the role of a chef and advance your culinary skills, keep reading to find out more about becoming a chef in Australia.
How to Become a Chef with Commercial Cookery?
For people thinking about how to become a chef in Australia, Commercial Cookery is the perfect option. The role of a chef is to plan and organize menus for restaurants. They organize the kitchen staff for different catering companies. You can become a Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, or Chef de Partie in Australia after completing a Commercial Cookery course.
A commercial cookery course will give you the skills you need to become a chef in a restaurant or catering company. You’ll learn how to prepare a variety of dishes, how to cook meat, fish, and vegetables, and how to bake bread and desserts. Also, you will learn to prepare food safely and hygienically.
Upon the completion of Certificate III & IV in Commercial Cookery, you can apply for a job as a chef in a restaurant or catering company. You may also be able to set up your own business selling meals such as sandwiches or salads.
Commercial Cookery Course Insights
If you enroll in Certificate III& IV in Commercial Cookery course in Australia, you’ll learn to:
- Organize menus for many different occasions and events
- Maintain a safe and eco-friendly environment at the workplace.
- Set a budget and manage finances
- Manage special dietary requirements while preparing food
- Know proper food handling procedures
- Maintain the quality of perishable food items with care
- Make soups, sauces and stocks
- Prepare meat, poultry, and seafood dishes
Would you like to put your cooking skills to the test? If yes, then Commercial Cookery is the best option to take on the role of a chef and advance your culinary skills. So, if you want to enroll in Certificate III & IV and need assistance to apply, you can book a consultation with us.
Discover If You Qualify for Commercial Cookery!
There’re certain requirements to participate in a Certificate III& IV in Commercial Cookery in Australia. Those who meet the eligibility criteria can easily enroll in Commercial Cookery.
To be eligible for Commercial Cookery, you must:
- Be able to complete a 360-hour vocational placement
- Have at least a 5.5 IELTS score
- Have completed year 12 in your home country
Watch this Video!
Commercial Cookery Course Outcomes
You can enjoy a lot of benefits upon successful completion of your Commercial Cookery course. You can work in Australia as a qualified chef.
Here’re the major outcomes for the Commercial Cookery course graduates in Australia.
- A qualified chef in Australia earns around $1250 per week.
- An average chef in Australia works 46 hours a week.
- During the past five years, employment for this occupation has grown rapidly and is expected to continue to grow in the future.
- 72% of chefs work full-time. It’s above average as compared to the other hospitality jobs in Australia.
- Australia offers different roles and opportunities for qualified chefs.
What is the Salary Package of Chefs in Australia?
You can earn a lucrative amount of money as a chef in Australia. An average salary of a Chef in Australia is $62,500 per year or around $32.05 per hour. While chefs at entry-level positions earn up to $57,387 per year. If we talk about the highly experienced chefs, so they make up to $82,503 per year in Australia.
How to Become a Chef in Australia? – Final Words!
Being a chef can be a wonderful career choice if you enjoy cooking. You can become a Chef in Australia by studying Commercial Cookery. You can find out the eligibility and outcomes of the Commercial Cookery course in this guide.
You must enroll in this course to enhance your cooking skills. So, it’s not too late to fulfill your dream. For more information to know how to become a chef, you can book a consultation with us at any time.
- What is Job Ready Program for Chef in Australia?
- Chefs have got some amazing opportunities to get Australian PR