Are you an international student willing to develop your skills to work in Australia? Well, it can be possible with a TRA Job Ready Program. Trade Recognition Australia offers skills assessment programs according to your occupation, country, where you studied and the type of visa you want to apply for.
Job Ready Program is a great option if you want to apply for a Skilled Migration Visa. You can gain work experience in Australia through Job Ready. Many people want to work in Australia due to its high employment rate. They can apply for skilled visas to move to Australia permanently.
Skilled visas in Australia have specific requirements related to work experience. For this purpose, a Job Ready Program can help you gain work experience in Australia. The Australian Government provides numerous opportunities to skilled migrants. Your skillset and qualification will open up endless opportunities for you in Australia.
A Job Ready Program can help you achieve all of these goals. So, what’s stopping you from applying to TRA Job Ready? Read this guide if you want to know if you qualify and how to apply for job ready in Australia.
What is TRA Job Ready Program?
TRA Job Ready Program is a skills assessment program. It’s a 4-step employment-based skills assessment program for international students in Australia. You can apply to this program if you’ve graduated with an Australian qualification. A Job Ready Program is offered by Trade Recognition Australia to overseas students whose qualifications are accredited by CRICOS.
CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institution and Courses for Overseas) is a registered training organization based on studies in Australia. The Job Ready Program (JRP) helps you develop and improve your skills. It provides you the opportunity to be a part of the Australian workplace. To avail of this opportunity of working in Australia, you can book a consultation with us to apply.
If you’ve got the skills and expertise which are required in Australia, you’ll find many opportunities. International students can prove their skills and job readiness by working in Australia. Before applying for Australian immigration, they can prove their skills related to their nominated occupation.
Eligibility Criteria TRA Job Ready Program
To be eligible for TRA Job Ready Program in Australia, you must:
- Have completed a trade qualification in Australia
- Have finished studies related to an occupation listed in the Medium-Long Term Strategic Skills List
- Make sure that TRA is your skills assessor for that occupation
- Have completed 360 hours of work or vocational experience in Australia relevant to your occupation
- Be able to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa 485
4 Steps of TRA Job Ready Program in Australia
The JRP has (4) steps. You need to do each step in order to apply for the Job Ready Program.
Step 1- Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA)
Provisional Skills Assessment is the first step of the Job Ready Program. It examines your eligibility, Australian qualification, and your employment or vocational placement in Australia. You must complete the PSA successfully before jumping on to Step 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE).
If you get a positive and successful PSA outcome, you can use it to apply for a Graduate Visa 485. In order to qualify for a 485 visa, your occupation must be on the Skilled Occupation List.
Step 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE)
Job Ready Employment is the second step of the Job Ready Program (JPR). In this step, you will be able to gain experience in an Australian workplace so that you can develop skills relevant to your occupation.
To be eligible for JRE, you must:
- Complete the Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) successfully
- Have less than 4 months left on your Student Visa 500
- Hold or have applied for a visa providing work rights.
- Have sufficient time on your visa to complete Steps 2 to 4 of the JRP. You must have at least 12 months
- During your PSA, you must be employed in the same (or related) occupation as assessed.
In order to apply for a JRE, you must include your current employer’s details. In case you change your workplace, you must register with your new employers as soon as possible.
Step 3 – Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA)
Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) is the third step of JPR. This step determines your eligibility to work in Australia at the required skill level for your occupation.
You can apply for Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) if you have:
- Evidence of paid employment in your field for 863 hours over at least 6 months from the start date of your JRE.
- an Employment Verification Report (EVR) for each registered company
- a Skills Progress Report (SPR) signed by you and your nominated supervisor
- For your employer to agree that the JRWA should be conducted at your workplace, your employer must sign your EVR.
Step 4 – Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA)
The Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA) is the fourth and final step of the Job Ready Program (JRP). This step acknowledges that you have completed the JRP. With a successful JRFA skills assessment, you can apply for a Skilled Migration Visa in Australia.
To apply for a JRFA, you must:
- Have a successful outcome of the Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA)
- Complete the eligibility requirements for Job Ready Employment (JRE). It includes evidence of paid employment in your field for 1725 hours over at least 12 months from the start date of your JRE.
Important Changes to the Job Ready Program (JRP) from July 1, 2022.
All JRP applications now adhere to the three-step process as of July 1 2022. By selecting the JRP Eligibility and Registration option, you may accomplish this quickly.
Things You Need to Know
- If you have not started with a PSA by July 1, 2022, you will continue to be ineligible to apply for one. If you apply after July 1st, you must do it through the new JRP procedure.
- However, if you submitted a PSA application prior to July 1, 2022, it will be processed without issue. Your PSA results will then be available.
- Your JRP progress won’t be impacted if you receive your PSA result before July 1, 2022.
What happens after you apply for TRA Job Ready Program? – Final Words!
Within 45 days of submitting your JRFA application, Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) will send you an email. The email will confirm that you’ve completed all steps of the Job Ready Program successfully.
However, this letter isn’t a certification. Your skills and experience are not formally recognized by it. You can use the outcome letter to apply for a Skilled Migration Visa in Australia. For more information regarding the Job Ready Program in Australia, you can book a consultation with us.
- Best 5 Jobs in Australia for Immigrants – Apply Now!
- What is Job Ready Program for Chef in Australia?
- All You Need To Know About General Skilled Migration Visa