Do you want to get married to your de facto partner in Australia? Well, it can be possible if your partner is a permanent resident of Australia. You can tie a knot with your prospective spouse in Australia and live a happy life. The point is, how you can make it possible to marry your partner in Australia? For this purpose, the Australian Government offers a Prospective Marriage Visa Australia.
If you’re dating someone who’s an Australian permanent resident, then applying for a Marriage Visa in Australia would be easy. As your partner will sponsor you to apply for this visa. Australia is a beautiful place to have a dream wedding. Its natural landscapes and beautiful scenery make it a desirable place for people. You can arrange your wedding ceremony in Australia and make it a memorable one.
To make your dream of marrying in Australia come true, you need a Prospective Marriage Visa 300. All you’ve to do is meet the eligibility criteria for a 300 Visa. The Department of Home Affairs grants this visa to people who satisfy its requirements.
Keep reading to find out about the Prospective Marriage Visa and its requirements.
What is a Prospective Marriage Visa Australia?
A Prospective Marriage Visa 300 allows you to come to Australia and marry your partner. It’s a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for 9 to 15 months with a 300 Visa. If the Department of Home Affairs grants you this visa, you can marry in Australia. You’ve to get married within your stay period on a Marriage Visa Australia.
The purpose of a Prospective Marriage Visa is to reunite the partners. Once you get married on a visa 300, you can apply for a Partner Visa. With a Partner Visa, you can live in Australia permanently with your spouse. Though, if you want an easy peasy application process for a Partner Visa, you can book a consultation with us.
For a Visa 300, you’ve to pay AUD 7,850 to lodge your application. It’s for the main applicant applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa. Other than the visa fee, you might have to pay for biometrics, police certificates and health checks.
You can add your family members to your 300 visa application. However, there’ll be additional charges for each family member who applies with you. Furthermore, your family members must meet the health and character requirements.
How Can I Be Eligible for a Marriage Visa Australia?
You can be eligible for a Marriage Visa Australia if you fulfill its requirements. The Department of Home Affairs has set particular criteria for a 300 Visa. You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria to obtain this visa successfully.
To be an eligible applicant for a Prospective Marriage Visa, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be sponsored by your prospective spouse in Australia to apply for this visa
- Marry your partner before your 300 Visa expires
- Be living outside Australia at the time of application
- Fulfill the health and character requirements
- Return all your debts to the Australian Government.
- Not have had a visa cancellation or refusal before.
Which Documents Do I Need for a Marriage Visa Australia?
The Department of Home Affairs asks for some documents which are essential for your visa 300. Without the required documents, your visa application will not be valid. Most importantly, your application will take longer to process if you don’t submit the complete documents.
The documents for Visa 300 include;
- Birth certificate with the names of both of your parents
- Pages of your current passport showing your photos, personal information, issue and expiry dates of your passport
- National identity card
- Evidence of change of name. It may consist of a marriage or divorce certificate.
- Documents that show the other name you’ve been known by
- Evidence of your relationship with your future spouse. You must prove that you and your partner have met personally since turning 18.
- Proof that you and your partner genuinely intend to live in Australia together
You must arrange these documents to attach with your visa application. If you need any sort of help regarding the documents, you can book a consultation with us anytime.
What is the Processing Time of a Prospective Marriage Visa?
If you’ve submitted your visa application, you need to wait for a few months. The Department of Home Affairs processes Marriage Visa Australia within a few months.
It generally takes:
- 8 months to finalize 25% of applications
- 17 months to process 50% of applications
- 24 months process 75% of applications
- 33 months to finalize 90% of applications
Home Affairs might take longer to process your visa if you don’t fill out your application correctly. Missing any document will also create hurdles in the processing time. Home Affairs might contact you for further details to add to your application. So, you must respond to them as soon as possible.
Marriage Visa Australia – Final Thoughts!
Get hitched with your partner in Australia with a Marriage Visa Australia. You’ve to meet the eligibility criteria and submit all documents for this visa. If Home Affairs finds you eligible, it’ll grant you this visa. Make sure to get married within 9 to 15 months after getting your Prospective Marriage Visa. To find out more about a 300 Visa, you can book a consultation with us.
- Is It Legal Getting Married Online Australia?
- Proxy Marriage and its Requirements for Australia | The Migration
- All the important information on prospective marriage visa subclass 300
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.