Do you have the skills required to fill a job position in Australia? Then you may apply for a TSS Visa 482. Well, it’s very important that you meet the TSS 482 Visa requirements to get this visa successfully. Australia has always been an excellent choice for international students and workers. As it offers a great salary package to workers in different fields.
Working in Australia could be a great option for you with a TSS Visa. Many people choose Australia for permanent living. Skilled workers earn a great amount of money in Australia. The Australian Government offers different visas to work in different sectors.
However, if you’re interested in moving to regional Australia, then TSS Visa 482 is the right option for you. Affordable living costs, scholarships and employment opportunities attract foreigners to regional Australia.
Throughout this guide, you will learn more about Visa 482 and how you can meet its requirements.
What is a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa?
A TSS Visa 482 allows Australian employers to address labor shortages in the country. Employers can bring skilled international workers to fill a position where they can’t find suitable Australians to work. It’s a temporary visa. You can stay for a maximum of 2 to 4 years in Australia with this visa.
You can stay for 2 years in Australia if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies. While if you hold a passport in Hong Kong, you can stay for a maximum of 5 years in Australia. TSS visa holders can work in their nominated occupation in Australia.
You can work in Australia with a visa 482. A minimum of two years of experience in your nominated profession is required for this visa. Most importantly, your occupation should be on the eligible short-term skilled occupations list. If you get a TSS 482 Visa, you can only work for your sponsor in Australia unless you’re exempt.
How can you Meet 482 Visa Requirements in Australia?
The Department of Home Affairs has set eligibility criteria for TSS Visa applicants. You must meet the 482 visa requirements to get this visa successfully.
If you want to be eligible for a Visa 482, you must:
- Have a nomination for an occupation on the eligible short-term skilled occupations list.
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience in your nominated field
- Have a positive skills assessment for your occupation if it’s required by Home Affairs
- Be working for your sponsor or associated entity unless you’re exempt.
- Have health insurance
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Be a genuine temporary entrant and intend to stay in Australia for a short period.
- Haven’t violated ‘paying for visa sponsorship’ legal rules and policies
- Meet the minimum requirements of English Language Proficiency
- Not have had a visa application refused before. You’ll not be eligible for a TSS Visa 482 if you had a visa cancelation in the past.
- Not owe debts to the Australian Government. If you do, you must have arranged to pay it back.
- Sign the Australian Values Statement to verify that you’ll obey the Australian laws and their way of living.
The eligibility criteria for a TSS Visa 482 must be met. As Home Affairs prioritizes those applications that meet its requirements. So, if you need the ultimate solutions to meet the criteria for a visa 482, book a consultation with us right now.
What is the difference between 457 and 482 Visa?
A Temporary Work Visa 457 was for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. On April 18, 2017, former Prime Minister of Australia, Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP and Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Hon Peter Dutton MP, has announced to end a 457 visa.
Temporary Work Visa 457 was replaced with a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa 482 to address labor shortages in Australia. It allows Australian employers to bring skilled workers from overseas to fill a position where they can’t find Australian workers. Visa 457 is for those workers who want to work in regional Australia.
482 Visa Requirements – Final Thoughts!
If you want to apply for a TSS Visa, you must understand its requirements. The Department of Home Affairs asks for some documents to provide with your visa application. If it approves your application, you can work in Australia.
You can be a valuable part of the Australian economy. However, you must meet 482 visa requirements to get this visa. As Home Affairs might refuse your application if you fail to meet its eligibility criteria. To improve your chances of obtaining a TSS Visa, you can consult one of our registered migration agents in Australia.
- Is 482 visa to PR Possible? – A Quick Guide for Skilled International Workers
- What is 482 Visa Processing Time? – Reduce Processing time for TSS Visa!
- Australian Regional Visas and their Special Perks
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.