How can I apply for Visitor Visa for Parents in 2022?

How can I apply for Visitor Visa for Parents in 2022?

Australia is undoubtedly a great place to spend your holidays. Its diverse landscapes, friendly locals, and vibrant culture attract visitors from all over the world. Australia offers different visas through which tourists and visitors can stay there. Home Affairs offers a Visitor Visa 600 to people who want to spend their vacations in Australia.


If you want to visit your family in Australia, you can apply for Visitor Visa for parents.


A Visitor Visa stream for parents is specially designed for people whose parents live in Australia. People outside Australia can apply for this sponsored family stream. This visa allows them to visit Australia and spend vacations with their parents.


So, keep reading to find the application process for Visitor Visa for parents in Australia.


What is Visitor Visa for Parents?

The Family Sponsored Stream 600 is for people sponsored by a family member in Australia. It’s a temporary visa. If your family member lives in Australia, he can sponsor you to apply for a Visitor Visa for parents. You can stay for up to 12 months in Australia. This visa is for visiting and recreational purposes.


You can visit your friends, family, and enroll in the course of study for 3 months. This visa costs around AUD 145. The Department of Home Affairs might also ask your sponsor to pay for a security bond. In some cases, you might get a waiver of the visa application charge (VAC) if you have been affected by COVID-19.


You must be outside Australia when you apply for a Visit Visa for parents. Once you get this visa, you can visit your friend, spouse, de facto partner, children, siblings, parents in Australia.


They must sponsor you to come to Australia. Most importantly, your sponsor must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.


Though, if you want help to sponsor someone to visit Australia, you can book a consultation with us.


Application Process for Visitor Visa for Parents 

A Visitor Visa application process for parents consists of a few steps. To apply for this family-sponsored stream 600, you must;


  • Create or login to ImmiAccount.
  • Fill out the application form.
  • Upload the required documents, including your passport, recent photograph, proof of recent travel, proof of funding and other documents asked in the form. In case you’ve attached a wrong document, you can remove it before submitting your application. However, once you submit the application, you can’t remove any document later.
  • Pay the application charges. The Department of Home Affairs can’t process your application without a visa fee.
  • Provide biometrics only if Home Affairs asks for it


After submitting your application, Home Affairs will let you know upon receiving your application. You can use your ImmiAccount to check your application status.


If you want to withdraw your visa application, you can tell Home Affairs through your account. Moreover, if your situation has been changed due to any reason, you must inform Home Affairs before it processes your application.


How can I Extend my Visitors Visa for Parents?

If you want to extend Visit Visa 600 for parents, you can’t. It’s a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for up to 12 months. You must intend to visit Australia temporarily. Though, Visitor Visa for parents has a condition 8503, no further stay. Therefore, you can’t apply for a new visa.


It is possible to request a waiver of the no further stay condition in some situations. If condition 8531 applies to your visa, you can’t remain in Australia beyond the visa period. Furthermore, if you get a waiver, you can explore your visa options to stay in Australia.



PARENT VISA | How can a Parent Visa be granted? | The Migration

Which Visa is best for Parents in Australia?

Contributory Parent Visa 143 is considered the best visa to sponsor your parents. Visa 143 is a permanent visa. It allows parents of an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to move to Australia permanently.


If your parents live outside Australia and you want to live with them in Australia, you can sponsor them for visa 143.


Your parents can become permanent residents of Australia with visa 143. It costs nearly AUD 47,825. Being a visa 143 holder, you can sponsor your family members to visit Australia. You can travel to and from Australia for 5 years with a Contributory Parent Visa.


Visa 143 allows you to enroll in Medicare to get medical services in Australia. Furthermore, you can apply for Australian citizenship if you’re eligible for it.


If you need assistance to apply for a Contributory Parent Visa, you can book a consultation with us.


The Pros and Cons of a parent’s visitor visa 


  • AffordableThis visa is less expensive than a normal Parent Visa.
  • Stay in Australia: Your parents are allowed to stay in Australia for a period of 10 years with this inexpensive visa.
  • Processing time is shorter: The time it takes to process a normal parent visa is relatively long. A parent visa approval could take anywhere from 10 to 30 years.


  • No right to work – If your parents have a temporary visa, they won’t be able to work.
  • Dont have access to MEDICARE: With a temporary visa, your parents wouldn’t be able to use Medicare or the rest of Australia’s health care system.


Can I Enter Australia with Visitor Visa for Parents in 2022?

Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Australian government has enacted strict border measures to protect the health of its citizens. Therefore, you can apply for a Visit Visa for parents but you may not be able to enter Australia currently.



If you want to spend your holidays in Australia with your family, Visitor Visa for parents is the best option. Your family can sponsor you for a visit visa in family sponsored stream. To be e sponsor, you must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.


You can visit Australia as a tourist, for a cruise, or see your friends and family with this visa stream. Though, you can’t work in Australia with a visit visa 600 for parents. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for Skilled Visas.


For this purpose, if you need help regarding applying for a skilled visa, then book a consultation with us.


Related Articles



I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.

Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.