Have you ever thought about learning new skills for your professional career in Australia? If yes, then apply for a 407 training visa today. It’s the best opportunity for you to be competent in your field of occupation. 407 visa is for people who want to maximize the potential of their current occupation practically.
Now let’s talk about visa 407 and the required documents you need to apply for it.
What is a 407 Training Visa?
407 Training visa is a short-term visa. It’s offered to people who want to undertake a professional training program in Australia. You can participate in occupational training activities to improve your skill. Visa 407 allows you to stay for up to 2 years in Australia with a 407 visa.
With a 407 visa, you can take part in 3 types of occupational training. They include;
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas
Training visa costs around AUD 315 for the main applicants. If your family member is applying with you, he’ll have to pay separately. Training visa allows visa applicants to add their family members to their application. If you’re interested in applying for visa 407, you can book a consultation with us to make this visa process easy.
Family members who apply with you must meet the health and character requirements set by Home Affairs. You might have to pay for biometrics, health checks, and police certificates, apart from visa charges. You can apply for visa 407 whether you’re in or outside Australia.
Documents Required for 407 Training Visa
The Department of Home Affairs asks for some documents to apply for Training Visa. Make sure you submit all the documents to support your application.
These documents include;
- National identity card
- Evidence of change of a name if it’s applicable. It may include a marriage or divorce certificate.
- Pages of your current passport along with your photo and personal details
- Issue and expiry dates of your visa
- A letter from the sponsor who approves the sponsorship application or a receipt for the sponsorship application.
- A written statement from the sponsor promising to meet the sponsorship requirements for you and your family members included in your application.
- Financial documents to prove that you can support yourself during your stay in Australia. These documents include your bank statement, a job contract, or a letter from your financial institute detailing your financial status.
- Adequate Health insurance that covers your health expenses in Australia
- Evidence that you’ve functional English to participate in the training program in Australia. Though, you don’t need to provide this evidence if you’ve a passport from New Zealand, the United States, the Republic of Ireland, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- A copy of your academic qualifications
- A copy of your CV
- A police certificate if you’ve lived in Australia for more than 12 months in the past 10 years since you turned 16.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for a 407 Training Visa?
There’re a few conditions under which you can be eligible for visa 407. The Department of Home Affairs will process your application if you satisfy its requirements.
To apply for a Training visa, you must;
- Have an approved sponsor
- Be nominated by your sponsor to undertake a training program in Australia
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have a temporary substantive visa if you’re applying within Australia
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance to bear all your health expenses in Australia
- Be a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). You must intend to stay temporarily in Australia
- Have at least functional English
- Sign the Australian Values Statement to show that you will respect Australian laws.
- Not have had a visa canceled before
- Have paid back all debts to the Australian Government or you must have arranged to pay it back.
How Long Does Training Visa Take to Process?
Home Affairs takes a few months to process 407 Training Visa applications. Though, it priories applications with complete documentation. Home Affairs will quickly finalize your application if it satisfies the eligibility criteria.
Though, it generally takes;
- 12 months to process 75% of applications
- 16 months to finalize 90% of applications
Australia offers different professional development activities and training programs. You can undertake the training programs to improve your skills. For this purpose, you’ve to obtain a 407 Training Visa. Make sure to provide the required documents to support your application.
It’s the best option for foreign nationals to improve their skillset through training programs in Australia. They can be job-ready by the end of their training. Moreover, they also apply for Skilled visas to work in Australia permanently.
- 407 Visa to PR in Australia? Is it Possible?
- Australian training visa subclass 407 and how it can boost your career?