Australia is undoubtedly a great place to spend your vacations. Many people come to Australia to spend some quality time with their family/friends. The Department of Home Affairs offers a Visit Visa 600 to tourists and visitors. If you want to visit Australia to see your family, you can apply for its Sponsored Family Stream. Though, you must know the Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Processing Time when you apply for it.
So, let’s start with the introduction of Sponsored Family Stream.
Sponsored Family Visitor Visa 600
The Sponsored family stream allows people who’re sponsored by a family member to visit Australia. They can come to meet their family in Australia. It’s a temporary visa. You can stay for more than 12 months in Australia with family sponsored stream 600. It costs nearly AUD 145.
The Department of Home Affairs may ask the sponsor to pay a security bond. You can also participate in a course of study with a duration of 3 months. However, you can apply for a Student Visa 500 to stay in Australia for studies.
Your family member must sponsor you to apply for the Family sponsored stream. Your sponsor can also be an Australian Government Official. Home Affairs also offers a Visit Visa 600 for people who want to visit Australia without a sponsor. Visa 600 is also a temporary visa for visitors and tourists. For advice on visiting Australia, you can book a consultation with our registered migration agents.
Who Can Apply to Sponsored Family Stream?
The Department of Home Affairs has set particular criteria for the Sponsored family stream. Applicants must follow the eligibility criteria to apply for this visa. As it might affect the sponsored Family Visitor Visa Processing Time.
So, if you want to apply for family stream 600, you must;
- Be sponsored by a family member or an Australian Government official
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Not owe money to the Australian Government. If there’s any debt, you must have arranged to pay it back.
- Have enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Australia
- Be a genuine temporary entrant. You must intend to leave Australia when your visa expires.
Documents to Apply for Sponsored Family Stream
You need to attach certain documents with your Sponsored family stream application.
These documents include;
- National identity card
- Pages of your current passport along with your photographs and personal information
- Issue and expiry dates of your passport
- Proof of change of a name. It may include a marriage/divorce certificate.
- Documents to prove that you’re a temporary visitor
- Evidence that you’ve enough money to bear your expenses in Australia
- Sponsorship documents. Your sponsor has to complete Form 1149. You must provide a copy of the completed form with your visa application.
- Character documents
Once you gather all documents, prepare them properly. All of your non-English documents must be translated into English. Your translator in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters. If you’ve a translator outside Australia, they don’t need to be accredited.
Translators outside Australia must provide the full name, address, qualifications and experience on each translation. It’s to be noted that these details should be in English. You must scan all of your documents in color. Further, the scans must be clear and understandable.
Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Processing Time
The Department of Home Affairs processes;
- 25% of applications in 20 days
- 50% of applications in 27 days
- 75% of applications in 71 days
- 90% of applications in 12 months
The Sponsored Family Visitor Visa processing time may vary according to individual circumstances. You must submit the complete documents with your visa application. Home Affairs quickly processes visa applications that meet the eligibility criteria. Furthermore, it prioritizes the applications exempt from travel restrictions in Australia.
Can I Enter Australia with Family Sponsored Stream?
In order to protect community health, the Australian Government has implemented strict border measures. You can apply for the Family sponsored stream to visit Australia. However, you might not be able to enter Australia at this time.
The Department of Home Affairs is currently prioritizing the visa applications exempted from travel restrictions. Visa Application Charge (VAC) waivers may be available to you if you were affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Who Can I Sponsor for Family Sponsored Stream?
You can sponsor your parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, aunt, uncle, or niece/nephew for the family sponsored stream. You must be an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen to sponsor your family members to visit Australia. Though, if you want to sponsor someone for the Family Sponsored Stream, you can book a consultation with us for complete guidance.
Australia offers the family sponsored stream to people sponsored by their family in Australia. You can temporarily visit Australia to spend your holidays with your family. Make sure you meet the eligibility and other conditions to apply for family stream 600. Furthermore, provide the complete documents with your visa application. As it might affect the Sponsored Family Visitor Visa Processing Time.
- Different streams of visit visa and all you need to know about it
- Australia visit visa subclass 600 and how it is affected in 2020