Do you want to apply for a Student Visa 500 to study in Australia? Then it would be best if you meet its eligibility criteria. The Department of Home Affairs has set specific requirements for Student visa 500. Overseas students can complete a course study in Australia on visa 500. Here in this guide, we’ll let you know about the Student visa 500 conditions.
Australia is undoubtedly a great place to study. International students can secure their future by studying in Australia. The Australian Government has a lot to offer to eligible students. It offers employment opportunities to overseas students after graduating.
High living standards, top universities, vibrant culture and employment opportunities make Australia attractive. Australian universities rank among the top education institutes in the world. If you want to enroll in an Australian university for higher studies, then you must meet the Student visa requirements.
What is Student Visa Subclass 500?
A Student Visa 500 is offered to international students to enroll in the course of study in Australia. If you want to study in Australia, you must hold or have applied for visa 500. It’s a temporary visa. You can stay for up to 5 years in Australia with a visa 500.
Student visa 500 costs nearly AUD 630 unless you’re exempt. You can apply for visa 500 whether you’re in or outside Australia. Student visa 500 applicants can also bring their family members with them. The interesting thing is, visa 500 allows you to work while studying in Australia.
You can work for 40 hours per fortnight when your course starts. However, you can work for unlimited hours during semester breaks. You’re also allowed to travel from and to Australia as many times as you want. You can avail this multiple travel facility until your Student visa 500 is valid.
Visa 500 Conditions
The Department of Home Affairs processes all applications for Australian visas. It quickly finalizes visa applications that meet the visa requirements. Therefore, applicants are advised to fulfill the visa 500 conditions.
So, if you want to be eligible for Student Visa 500 then you must;
- Be enrolled in the course of study in Australia
- Have an Overseas Student Health Cover (OHC), or you must fall in one of the exemption categories
- Be 6 or older than 6 years of age
- Provide evidence that you have a welfare arrangement if you’re under 18 years of age
- Meet the English language requirements
- Have adequate health insurance for your stay in Australia
- Have an eligible substantive visa if you’re in Australia while applying for a Student visa 500.
- Have enough money to bear your expenses to stay in Australia
- Be a genuine temporary entrant. You must intend to return to your country after completing studies in Australia.
- Meet the character requirements
- Sign the Australian Values Statement. It’ll confirm that you’ll be respecting Australian laws and way of living.
- Have paid back any debts you have to the Australian Government.
What can stop you from getting a student visa?
Your Student visa 500 application can be refused if you don’t fill it correctly. Though, the Department of Home Affairs informs applicants why their visa application got rejected.
There’re some common reasons due to which Student visa applications get rejected:
- Incomplete/missing documents to support your visa application
- No evidence of being a genuine temporary entrant
- Not meeting the visa requirements given by the Department of Home Affairs
- Inappropriate behavior in the interview
- Being unable to answer queries which consular officer asks.
The Department of Home Affairs may take longer to process your visa application if it’s not according to visa 500 conditions. You must review the visa application before submitting it.
However, if you want your visa application to be approved, book your consultation with our consultancy firm. Our registered migration agents have a high success rate. They’ll improve the chances of your Student visa application approval.
Is Student visa interview hard?
You have to qualify for the interview to get the Student Visa. The interviewer may ask you basic questions. You’ve to prove your eligibility to study in Australia on visa 500. It would be best if you do not give any reason to the interviewer to disqualify you. You must not misinterpret even the smallest detail no matter what the interviewer asks you.
The interviewer may ask why you want to study in Australia. He’ll ask you the reason for choosing an Australian university. You may have to provide details of your course duration. No matter what the interviewer asks, you must give him accurate answers. Moreover, do not provide any information or document unless you’re asked for it.
Watch “Why Student Visas are Getting Cancelled Now? | Even you are Taking Online Classes.” on our YouTube channel
Student Visa 500 is an excellent opportunity for overseas students to study in Australia. They can stay in Australia for 5 years with a visa 500. International students must meet the visa 500 conditions to be able to travel to Australia. However, Australian borders are currently closed due to the new Omicron variant. Therefore, international arrivals are restricted from entering Australia.
This travel ban is temporary though. The Australian Government will soon announce the reopening of the international borders of Australia.
- Student Visa 500 Checklist Australia – Make sure to cover all requirements.
- How to Get PR in Australia with Student Visa?
- Student Visa FEE WAIVER | Details about the new application | COVID 19 updates