Many children reside outside Australia without their parents. They can make temporary visits to Australia to meet their families. However, the Department of Home Affairs offers a Child Visa 101 to offshore children. Children residing outside Australia can apply for visa 101 to migrate to Australia. They can live in Australia with their parents as permanent residents.
If you want to apply to visa 101 so, you must know about its eligibility criteria. So, continue reading to find the essential details about Child Visa and its application process.
Why is Child Visa 101 the Best Option for Children?
Child Visa 101 is the best option for offshore children to move to Australia. It’s a permanent visa. Child visa holders can live with their parents in Australia permanently. If your parents are Australian permanent residents, Australian citizens, or eligible citizens of New Zealand, you can apply for visa 101.
However, if you need help in the application process for Child Visa 101, then book your consultation with our consultancy firm!
You become a permanent resident of Australia from the day you get your Child visa. Child visa 101 offers a multiple travel facility to children. As they can travel from and to Australia for 5 years until their visa is valid. However, if a child wants to travel after the 5-year travel facility, he must get the Resident Return (RRV). As this visa will allow the child to return to Australia as a permanent resident.
Application Process of Child Visa 101
The application process for Child Visa 101 can be done by following a few steps. Applicants must follow these steps to apply for visa 101 without any trouble.
Before lodging an application for visa 101,
- Make sure the child has a valid passport.
- Provide all required documents to support your claims in the visa application.
- Apply for visa 101 on paper by completing 2 forms, including Form 47CH Application for migration to Australia by a child and Form 40CH Sponsorship for a child to migrate to Australia. You must fill both of these forms and send them together by courier to the Child and Other Family Processing Centre in Perth. You can also send these forms by post with accurate prepaid postage).
- Pay the application charges.
The Department of Home Affairs will notify the applicant upon receiving the application. It’ll grant the visa to eligible applicants who meet the visa requirements. If your application gets approved by Home Affairs so, you’ll receive your visa grant number, the date when your visa starts, visa conditions and the date when the child can enter Australia.
However, if Home Affairs refuses your visa application so, it’ll inform you about the reasons. It’ll let you know that why your visa application got rejected. Moreover, the visa application fee is non-refundable even if it has been refused.
What Documents Do I Need to Apply for Visa 101?
Visa 101 applications often get refused if they don’t contain the required documents. Therefore, applicants must have a thorough understanding to apply for visa 101. The Department of Home Affairs asks for some necessary documents for the child visa 101 application.
These documents include;
- Page of your current passport along with a recent photograph and personal details
- Issue and expiry dates of your passport
- National identity card if you have one
- Documentation to prove a change of your name. You can provide the documents from the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages or any relevant offshore authority.
- Documents showing other names by which a child has been known
- Copies of the adoption papers or the adoption compliance certificate if the child is adopted
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of a child or any dependent child included in the application. These photographs must not be older than 6 months. Further, they must be of good quality.
- Certified copies of passport or any travel documents which the child will use to enter Australia
- Documents to prove a relationship of the child with parents. It may include the birth certificate, marriage certificate, family status certificate or adoption certificate.
- Financial documents to show that child is dependent on his parents for basic needs.
- Police certificate for a child over 16 years of age
Make sure your non-English documents must be translated into English. If your translators are in Australia, they must be recognized by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.
However, translators outside Australia don’t need to be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority. They only need to provide their name, address, qualification and experience on each translation. Further, translators must provide these details in English.
Your documents in the application must be certified. You must keep a copy of your application for Child Visa 101. If you don’t understand any document required for the application, you can book your consultation with us.
Watch COVID19 Concessions Partner Visa & Child Visa Australia 2021 | The Migration for more information!
Child Visa 101 is for dependent children whose parents are Australian permanent residents, Australian citizens or eligible citizens of New Zealand. Child visa holders can live permanently in Australia with their parents. They can enroll in Medicare to get medical services in Australia. Child Visa holders can enjoy all the amazing benefits of being a permanent resident of Australia.
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.