Are you foreign IT graduate from an Australian institute and want to work in the well-known firms of Australia? If you want to know about the options to migrate to Australia, you can apply for the Professional year Program IT.
What is Professional Year Program?
Professional Year Program is introduced by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) for international students who graduated from an Australian institute. It’s an approved initiative by the Australian Government. It aims to develop skills and knowledge in foreign students to work in Australian organizations.
International students who complete the Professional Year Program successfully can get permanent residency in Australia. They learn to act professionally, experience the Australian culture and work on their communication skills to be a valuable part of Australian firms.
If Professional Year Program graduates apply for the Skilled Independent Visa so, they can obtain 5 points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) points test. It’s a skilled migration program that enables overseas students to use their skills and abilities and become a part of the Australian economy.
Professional Year Program IT
The Professional Year Program IT is for international students who’re graduated from an Australian university in ICT (Information & Communications Technology). It has been designed and developed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) to assist overseas graduates in getting educational training and learning practical skills in IT. Applicants have to pay $12,930 – $13,280 to enroll in the Professional Year Program IT in Australia.
If you’re an IT student and want to apply for the Professional Year IT in Australia, book your appointment with our registered migration agents!
It’s a 44 weeks program in which international students get deep and theoretical knowledge about Information & Communications Technology. There’re 32 weeks of classes and 12 weeks of internship placement. Students learn and improve the practical skills for ICT in the internship period. Moreover, they become highly professional and skillful by the end of their Professional Year Program IT.
Eligibility Criteria for Professional Year IT
Applicants are required to meet the eligibility requirements by the Australian Government to apply for the Professional year Program in ICT. They include,
- International students must have completed an IT degree from an Australian institute providing two years of credit points.
- They should hold or have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa with a validity period of at least 12 months.
- They must have scored 6.0 marks in IELTS for English language proficiency.
- All international students are required to complete an interview and a questionnaire before enrolling for the Professional Year Program IT.
- They must have a valid passport while applying for PYP in ICT (Information & Communications Technology).
- Applicants must be under 50 years of age to apply for Professional Year IT.
Grading for Professional Year Program
Students are required to complete their 12 weeks of internship program and class assessments to obtain maximum grades in the PYP. Moreover, they must have 100% of class attendance to get the Professional Year Program Certificate.
Advantages of Professional Year Program
The Australian Government offers various benefits to international students who successfully complete the Professional Year Program (PYP). PYP graduates can secure their future and get permanent residency in Australia. The main advantages include,
- Student can enhance their professional experience by working in the top organizations of Australia.
- During the internship period of PYP, international students can learn about how to act in a professional environment.
- Professional Year Program helps you expand your social circle as you connect with many other professionals in the industry.
- Through PYP, you can obtain additional 5 points if you apply for permanent residency in Australia.
- You get to know about the work environment, codes of conduct and work demands in Australian workplaces.
How long is PYP?
The curriculum lasts 44 weeks and includes a 12-week internship with an appropriate host company. The coursework is organized as a 12-week Australian workplace internship in the participant’s chosen discipline after a 32-week training in business communication and workplace skills.
What is included in the Professional Year Program?
- CV writing and interviewing techniques
- professional development customized to their sector.
- Business interaction
- Australian work practices
- Weeks of professional internship (job experience)
- Occupational relationships
The Australian Government offers the Professional Year Program to international graduates from Australian institutes. International students can gain work experience, obtain knowledge related to their field and learn about the Australian workplace conditions.
The IT graduates can apply for the Professional Year Program in ICT (Information & Communications Technology) to work in Australian firms. International students can get employment experience and improve their communication skills during their internship placement. PYP graduates can also apply for permanent residency in Australia.
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.