In a recent update, the Australian government made few changes to the Skilled Migration Program. There’ll be an addition of 70 occupations in the Skilled Migration Program from the 28th of September 2021. This step has been taken as a recovery response to the Covid-19 Pandemic in South Australia.
What is Skilled Migration Program?
The Skilled Migration Program is designed for migrants who want to become a part of the Australian economy. Skilled migrants play a vital role to grow the Australian economy and produce more job opportunities. If you want to live and work in Australia permanently, you can apply for the Skilled Migration Program.
Visas under Skilled Migration Program
The General Skilled Migration program consists of three different visas. They include;
Independent Skilled Visa (subclass 189)
Subclass 189 is a points-based stream. It’s designed for international skilled workers invited by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA). Subclass 189 allows people to live and study in any region of Australia permanently. Furthermore, you can also sponsor your family to apply for permanent residence in Australia.
Skilled Nominated Visa
Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) allows you to stay in Australia on a permanent basis. Skilled employees with the occupation from the Skilled Occupation List can apply for subclass 190. It’s for international skilled workers who get nominated by the Australian state/territory government. Applicants have to pay AUD 4,115 to lodge their application for subclass 190.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
Skilled Regional Visa allows skilled migrants to work in the designated regional areas of Australia. You can stay in Australia for 5 years with subclass 491. However, you must be nominated by the Australian state/territory government to apply for this visa. You may also apply for permanent residency in Australia after 3 years of obtaining subclass 491.
Requirements for State Nomination Program
Specific requirements have been set for offshore applicants for the State Nomination in South Australia. Applicants are required to provide complete documents to support their claims in the application. However, the state nomination requirements depend specifically on applicants’ cases and visa they choose.
Here’re some of the significant requirements, which need to be fulfilled while applying for the State Nomination Program.
- Applicants must have at least 8 years of experience in their occupation or closely related occupation.
- English proficiency is required
- They must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
- Must have skills and expertise in their selected occupation from South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List.
Applicants may get the details about all occupations from the Skilled Occupation List of South Australia. Eligibility requirements for each occupation will also be available on the Skilled Occupation List from the 28th of September 2021. Furthermore, applicants who can meet the eligibility criteria may submit the Registration of Interest (ROI).
How Can You Apply for State Nomination?
All applicants are advised to use the Skilled & Business Migration portal to apply for the State Nomination program in South Australia. Whether you’re an international student, skilled migrant or business investor, you can use this portal to lodge your application.
Here’re few steps to apply for the State Nomination Program.
- You’re required to create your account on the Skilled & Business Migration portal. As only registered candidates are eligible to apply for the State Nomination Program in Australia. However, if you’ve already have an account then you can directly login and start the application process.
- While applying for State Nomination, you must review the requirements for State Nomination Program in South Australia. Check out the eligibility criteria for all visas and necessary documents to attach with the application.
- You may proceed with your application after providing the required documents fulfilling the visa eligibility.
Latest Updates in 188 Entrepreneur Stream
Skilled Migration and Business Program has announced to introduce the Subclass 188 Entrepreneur stream. This stream will be available from the 28th of September, 2021.
Here’re the basic requirements to apply for the state application.
- A letter from an approved service provider is required before submitting your application.
- Prospective applicants must be proficient in the English language. They must have scored 6.0 in IELTS or any equivalent test.
- Student Visa holders aren’t allowed to submit the state application.
Applicants may use the Skilled & Business Migration Portal to submit their applications. Once you’ve submitted the application, you can check your application status anytime. You may update your contact details and submit any queries related to the state nomination program.
South Australia has announced to add 70 more occupations to the Skilled Migration Program. This is a recovery response to the Covid-19 Pandemic in South Australia for offshore applicants. However, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for the state nomination.
Further, the Business Innovation & Investment visa – Subclass 188 Entrepreneur stream has been introduced under the Skilled Migration and Business Program. You can apply for this stream by following all of its requirements.
Consult with our registered consultancy firm to get more information about the Skilled Migration Program in Australia!
- Skilled Migration Programs | Migrate to South Australia
- Tasmania Skilled Migration Program is Reopening!