The Skilled Work Regional Visa (subclass 491) is designed for skilled people nominated by the Australian state-territory government. Subclass 491 visa holders can live and work in regional Australia for 5 years. This visa allows people to travel from and to Australia as many times as they want. To apply for the NSW State Nomination 491, you must meet the eligibility criteria of its streams.
However, a piece of news has been circulating about the Skilled Work Regional Visa (subclass 491). The Government of New South Wales (NSW) will prefer nominating applicants who want to work in the critical sectors in the regional area of NSW.
Criteria for NSW State Nomination 491
Applicants who’re able to fulfill the eligibility will get the invitation to apply for the NSW State Nomination 491.
- According to the criteria of stream 1, applicants must have resided in the regional area of New South Wales for a year.
- You must have a skills assessment for your nominated occupation on the Stream 1 Combined Occupation List.
- You must have been working in your nominated occupation or any other occupation within the same unit group in the regional NSW for the last 12 months.
The eligibility criteria for stream 2 includes,
- You must have a valid skills assessment that is on the nominated region’s occupation list.
- You must have completed a study program from an educational institute in the regional NSW within 24 months.
- Your study program must be following the study requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
- You must be living in the designated regional area of New South Wales while completing your study program.
- According to the relevant assessing authority, your qualification must be closely related to your profession/nominated occupation.
According to Stream 3,
- Applicants must be living in the Australian state or territory.
- Must have a valid skills assessment for the occupation on the nominated region’s occupation list.
Nomination Process of NSW
The Skilled Work Regional Visa will only be granted to New South Wales (NSW) nominated. However, there’re certain conditions under which NSW may select you for the nomination. They include;
- Check out the eligibility criteria of subclass 491 from the website of the Department of Home Affairs. See if you’re eligible to apply for this visa.
- Use SkillSelect to complete your Expression of Interest (EOI) for the occupation available in your preferred region.
- Register your interest for the Skilled Work Regional Visa (subclass 491) during a submission window.
- After completing all these steps, you’ll get the nomination to apply.
- You must contact the office of Regional Development Australia in your preferred region within 14 days after you get the invitation from New South Wales.
During the submission window, applicants must submit the Registration of Interest (ROI) on the online form. Submission windows will take place in August, October, January, and March for the upcoming financial year 2021-22.
Within 7 days of submission window closing, NSW will nominate and invite the eligible candidates to submit their applications to RDA offices. However, applicants may submit a new ROI in each later submission window if they don’t get the invitation to apply for NSW State Nomination 491.
You‘re required to follow a few conditions while you register your interest. These conditions include;
- You must have submitted your Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect. The NSW Government examines the EOI to nominate eligible candidates. EOI consists of essential details about the candidates such as their name, occupation, contact details and email address.
- Choose the nomination stream you want to apply to. However, you can only apply for one occupation and one stream as well.
- Choose the NSW region where you want to apply and where your skills and expertise are required.
- It’s important to provide accurate details in the form. Submitting false information in your form will cause the rejection of your application.
Furthermore, applicants aren’t able to modify their ROI once it’s submitted. During a submission window, you’re only allowed to submit one ROI.
If you’re a skilled employee who wants to work in regional Australia, you must apply for the Skilled Work regional Visa (subclass 491). However, applicants must be nominated by the Australian state/territory to apply for subclass 491. The Government has set criteria to apply for the NSW State Nomination 491.
Further, it’s essential to meet the conditions of the online form while applying for NSW State Nomination 491. Applicants are nominated based on their skills which are required in the regional New South Wales (NSW).
- Subclass 491 Visa Conditions – Skilled Work Regional Visa Australia
- All about NSW new occupational list for subclass 491 and subclass 190