If you’re wondering whether doing a job in Australia is easy or hard, you can find the complete information about it. The Australian Government offers different work opportunities to overseas students and skilled migrants. Australia has a strong economy with a highly competitive job market. An average salary of a worker in Australia is around AUD 90,800. If you’re an international student and planning to work in Australia, then you’ve multiple opportunities there. As you can apply in construction, hospitality and education sectors. These job sectors are highly in demand for international students in Australia.
If you want to work in Australia and need assistance regarding the application process of work visas, book your consultation with our registered consultancy firm!
Tips to Find a Job in Australia
If you’re an international student trying to find employment in Australia so, you can follow a few tips and tricks. As these tips will help you find a job in Australia easily. They include;
- Look for a job relevant to your field of study. It’s very important that you don’t switch your field of occupation. As you already have working experience in your field. Therefore, if you continue to work in the same industry, it’ll help you enhance your skills.
- Apply for a visa relevant to the field in which you want to work in Australia. Employers mostly prefer people with Australian work visas for hiring. Therefore, you can obtain your work visa to get to know about your working rights in Australia. Make sure you have your work visa before finding or applying for a job in Australia.
- Research about the job market and skills which are highly in demand in Australia. Keep yourself updated about the market value and available roles suitable for you.
- Learn about the native language and slang being used in Australia. It’ll help you a lot in communicating and conveying your message efficiently.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter well. You must write your experience and skills you’re your resume. As Australian employers prefer highly skilled and presentable candidates. Therefore, you must attach evidence of your English language proficiency.
Visas to Work in Australia
The Australian Government offers different visas through which you can work in Australia. You can apply for any visa that is suitable according to your circumstances.
Student Visa (subclass 500)
You can work in Australia for 40 hours per fortnight on Student Visa (subclass 500). However, you must be enrolled in a course study in Australia. You’re also required to provide your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Moreover, you can also bring your family members to Australia on subclass 500.
Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
A skilled visa is offered to experienced employees who want to live and work in Australia permanently. You must be under 45 years to apply for subclass 189. Moreover, you must be proficient in the English language to apply for this visa.
Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
This visa is designed for 18 to 30 years old people who want to permanently live and work in Australia. Subclass 462 visa holders can stay for 12 months in Australia. They’re allowed to do short-term work to bear their holiday expenses in Australia. Moreover, you can travel from and to Australia as many times as you want.
Famous Cities to Work or Job in Australia
Australia is a big country with a large population. It offers many work opportunities to overseas students and immigrants. You must decide the Australian city where you want to apply for work. Here’re one of the most popular cities of Australia regarding work.
Sydney is the most populated city in Australia. It’s called the economic centre of Australia with the highest rate of employment. Many multinational employers are located in Australia, due to which overseas students and migrants can easily find jobs here.
Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and its market value is growing over time. It provides a wide range of work opportunities in the private and public sectors. Expats with experience and skills can move to Brisbane to start their careers. The most popular jobs being offered in Brisbane include retail education, healthcare, public administration, social assistance and technical services.
Melbourne is the capital of Australia with the strongest economy. The headquarters of Australia’s largest corporations are situated in Melbourne. It’s a financial centre of Australia which offers work opportunities in different fields such as IT and Civil Engineering.
Perth is one of the most amazing destinations where you can find work opportunities. It’s an affordable state providing the best lifestyle to people all around the world. The development in the job market of Perth has provided new vacancies and decreased the rate of unemployment.
Is it hard to get job in Australia?
Finding a job in Australia is not hard if you consider a few things in mind. As there’re a few tricks through which you can find employment easily in Australia. Australian states like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth provide many work opportunities to overseas students and migrants. You can apply for a work visa through the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) to move to Australia.
If you need more information regarding the job in Australia so, you can book your consultation with us!