Are you wondering about how to become a migration agent in Australia? If yes, then this is where you need to be to get all the details to become an Australian migration agent. As we’ll be discussing all the major things which can help you achieve your goals to become a successful migration agent in Australia.
If you want to become a migration agent in Australia, then you must be officially registered on the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA). To be an Australian migration agent needs a lot of preparation and approval from the Government of Australia. A migration agent assists in Australian visa application processes and associates with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) on the behalf of his clients.
Migration agents are the best source to get assistance about all the Australian visa conditions, legal policies and the required documents to migrate to Australia. Furthermore, they provide accurate and authentic information which directly comes from the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
How to Become a Migration Agent?
On the question, “How to Become a Migration Agent?”, the most important things to know about this are the requirements for this. It takes a lot of effort, learning the basic and advanced knowledge to become a migration agent in Australia. However, there’re some other major requirements to become which are modulated by the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA). The requirements are designed to make sure that if the migration agents are well-trained, professional and know how to deal with their clients.
To be approved by the Australian Government to be a migration agent in Australia, you must need to fulfill the following requirements.
- You must have exceptional communication skills as you’ve to communicate with a lot of people from all around the world who want to travel to Australia. Therefore, if you know how to communicate well so you can easily assist your clients in their issues.
- As a migration agent, you must meet the English Language requirements and criteria.
- You must have a detailed and vast knowledge of the laws and policies of immigration in Australia.
- You’re 18 years old or above.
- You must acquire the National Police Certificate from the Federal Police of Australia. Make sure you complete the Police Check at least 12 months before getting registered to be a Migration Agent in Australia. This Police check aims to show the applicant as an honest and reliable person.
- To be eligible for becoming a migration agent, you must be a permanent resident of Australia, an Australian citizen or an eligible citizen of New Zealand and you must hold a special category visa as well.
- You must get Professional Indemnity insurance for the time you’re registered as a migration agent in Australia.
- You’re required to have a Graduate Diploma in the Migration Law of Australia as it covers the major information and knowledge about migration which is specifically required by OMARA.
What are Your Roles as a Migration Agent?
In the process of “How to Become a Migration Agent”, if you succeed then you have to get to know the roles of the Migration Agents. You’ve some key responsibilities and duties which you perform after becoming a registered migration agent in Australia. Following are the tasks and responsibilities of a migration agent.
- A migration agent advises about the immigration laws and policies of Australia to its clients.
- He consults with the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) about the immigration cases on the behalf of its clients.
- He imposes the Australian immigration laws and policies on all migration applications.
- It’s a key role of a migration agent to analyze and monitor the immigration applications thoroughly to see if a client is eligible to migrate to Australia or not.
- He conducts interviews and examines the history of its clients such as their educational background.
How to Choose a Migration Agent?
Choosing a reliable migration agent is very important as he deals with your immigration application. Make sure you choose the migration agent who’s officially registered on the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA). You can also check the history of migration agents and see the remarks of other clients about them.
Furthermore, choosing an experienced migration agent would be great and beneficial. The experienced migration agents can guide you more efficiently. Likewise, they’ve more knowledge and understanding about the laws, documentation and legal system of Australian immigration.
You can also see the success rate of migration agents to analyze how successful they are. As the migration agents can’t guarantee if the success of visa or immigration applications of their clients. Therefore, you can directly ask about their success rate to see the chances of getting your immigration or visa application approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
What is a Registered Migration Agent? What to expect from a Registered Migration Agent? What services do they offer? How can you check the authenticity of the Migration Agent? This video will provide you with answers to all of your questions.
So the answer of “How to become a Migration Agent?” is that you need specific skills, basic knowledge of Australian immigration laws and policies. Migration agents provide valid information about Australian visas and immigration to people who want to visit Australia. People from all around the world consult with the registered migration agents for guidance. Migration agents work in all Australian states and regional areas. So, if you want to become a migration agent then you must need to fulfill the requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
For more information regarding Australian visas, immigration process and employment, visit our website or book your consultation with our registered migration agents in Australia.
- Australian Migration Agents | Why are they essential for immigration?
- 4 Authentic reasons of using Migration Agent for Australian Visa
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.