Are you looking for a way to get permanent residency in Australia? Do you want to develop skills in your Professional Year Engineering and work in the renowned organizations of Australia? Then here’s all the information that you need to know.
What is Professional Year Program?
The Professional Year Program (PYP) is designed for overseas students who want to enhance their skills in their field of occupation on a professional level. It’s a skilled migration program which is introduced by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA). The international students who successfully complete their Professional Year Program can be eligible to get migration points which can lead them to permanent residency in Australia.
Professional Year Program helps students from all around the globe to develop specific skills and learn about their field thoroughly. The foreign students get a chance to work in the Australian organizations as internees to learn practically.
International students learn about the diverse culture and practices while working in Australian industries. PYP helps students to improve their communication skills and learn how to act professionally in the workplace. Furthermore, if PYP graduates apply for the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa so they can avail five points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) points test.
If you want to apply for the Professional Year Program so you can contact our registered migration agents in Australia for the complete application process.
Professional Year Engineering
The Professional Year Program in Engineering is introduced for international students who’ve been graduated in engineering from Australian institutes. The overseas skilled engineering graduates who want to settle in Australia on a permanent basis can enroll in the Professional Year Engineering.
Professional Year in Engineering helps students to build their careers by learning advanced skills and gaining experience. PYP Engineering is administered by Engineering Education Australia and supported by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA). It’s a 44-week program through which the engineering graduates get a deep understanding of their field. They get to know about the industry demands, improve their skills and become highly skilled by the end of PYP Engineering.
What does Professional Year Engineering Consist of?
The Professional Year Engineering includes amazing opportunities which international graduates of Engineering can get during their course. Here’s what you need to know about PYP Engineering:
- It’s a 44-weeks program that includes 32 weeks of classes and 12 weeks of internship placement.
- PYP Engineering costs around $15,200 to $15,500.
- Students get trained under the observation of highly skilled professionals with advanced knowledge. They teach them conceptual learning and practical work related to Professional Year Engineering.
- International students get a chance to build and grow their social network by connecting with other engineering professionals.
- Students get unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning within the duration of their enrolment in PYP Engineering
- They get free online training for English test preparation, IELTS or PTE-A.
- Students attend the networking events and workshops for professional development
- International students have the opportunity to transfer between 8 campuses in Australia.
- They get online career counseling before and during the PYP Engineering. Moreover, they can also attend the counseling after successfully completing their Professional Year Program in Engineering.
Conditions to Apply for Professional Year Engineering
To be eligible to enroll for the Professional Year Engineering program, applicants are required to fulfill eligibility criteria. They include:
- Applicants must have completed the postgraduate or undergraduate award in Australia for Engineering program.
- They must have an eligible and valid Secondary Visa which provides them with study and work rights in Australia. Moreover, it should be valid for 12 months.
- Applicants should have applied or held a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) or any of its streams. The validity of their visa 485 must be for 12 months.
- The eligible candidate is required to provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia.
Australian States Offering PYP Engineering
Many states in Australia offer the Professional Year Program Engineering to overseas students. However, each state has different timetables so students can choose the timing which is suitable to them.
The Australian states include:
Assessment and Grading
Applicants are graded according to their attendance, assessment tasks and class participation. They’re required to complete their 12-weeks internship placement for PYP Engineering. Students must have 100% attendance to be eligible to get receive the Certificate of Professional Year Program in Engineering.
Australia is one of the most beautiful destinations to live for people all around the world. It’s the third most famous country where international students come to study. Many immigrants are employed in Australian firms and well-known organizations. Australia offers amazing opportunities to overseas students and immigrants to build their careers in Australian states.
Professional Year Engineering is a golden opportunity for skilled engineering graduates who want to work in Australian industries. It enhances the skills and abilities of students and prepares them to work in a professional environment. International students become highly skilled to work in the top-notch organizations of Australia.