Do you want to earn a handsome amount of money in Australia? If yes, then here’s a complete guide about you can learn the formal skills and get trained to work in the Australian organizations. You must know about the Professional Year Program Fee, its requirements and conditions before applying for it. Professional Year Program prepares the students to work in different firms through learning and internships.
What is Professional Year Program?
Australia offers different career opportunities to immigrants and overseas students. It has introduced the Professional Year Program which makes students professionally skilled and competent. It’s a 44-weeks program which is specifically designed for people who want to migrate to Australia and settle there permanently. It allows international students to study and work in Australia to get professional experience and be a part of its industry.
If you want to apply for the Professional Year Program so you can book a consultation with our registered migration agents in Australia.
International students may apply for permanent residency in Australia within their work period. The Professional Year program provides several career opportunities to Accounting, IT and Engineering graduates in Australia. It includes both learning and working experience for international students who’ve graduated from Australian institutions.
The Australian government has officially recognized the Professional Year Programs. It expects applicants to fulfill the requirements to be qualified for PYP. Therefore, students must follow the conditions and eligibility criteria of PYP.
You may have a look at the basic requirements of the Professional year Program (PYP) below.
- You must have a Skilled Graduate Temporary Visa (Subclass 485) which allows you to live in Australia for up to 18 months after completing your degree.
- All applicants must be under 50 years to apply for Professional Year Program in Australia.
- Applicants are required to have a degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Engineering in Australia to be eligible for the PYP.
- All applicants must pass a skill assessment from their relevant assessing body (ACS, EEA, CPA, IPA and ICAA).
- Applicants must score at least 6.0 overall in IELTS and 6 in each band to be qualified for PYP.
Professional Year Program Fee
The professional year program fee varies according to universities and education providers in Australia. Each institute has different criteria and fee structures for Professional Year Program (PYP). However, we’ve listed the general price below.
- Accounting – $6000 to $13000
- Information Technology – $12,930 onwards
- Engineering – $13,000 onwards
How to Apply for PYP?
You can apply for the Professional Year Program by submitting specific documents. There are few steps through which you can apply for the professional year program.
- Apply for a Skilled Graduate Visa so you can stay in Australia after completing your degree
- Choose your Professional Year Program stream and check its eligibility criteria, fee structure and other requirements
- Check your eligibility and see if you’re capable to follow all the conditions of the PYP stream
- Proof of your current valid visa or citizenship of New Zealand
- Evidence of your identity to show if you’re an Australian citizen
- A certified copy of your passport
- Current resume or CV
- Certification in IELTS to prove the English language proficiency
- A certified copy of all academic documents
- Pay the fee for your program
- You can submit an online form from the website of the institute which you’ve chosen to apply for the Professional year Program
Once you’ve submitted all the required documents so your institute will contact you to proceed with your application. If your application gets approved so you’ll receive an Offer Letter and invoice for the program fee. Furthermore, you may receive the Confirmation of Enrolment letter after paying your program fee. You can find the start date of your program on your Enrollment letter.
Benefits of PYP
Professional Year Program (PYP) has a lot to offer to students all around the world. It enables students to learn skills and build their careers in Australia. Students can even apply for permanent residency if they successfully complete PYP and fulfill its requirements.
Following are the major advantages of the Professional Year Program.
- You can learn amazing skills while working in the Australian organization as an internee.
- You’ll be able to understand the norms, traditions and cultures when you work in Australian firms.
- You learn and develop your communication skills on a professional level.
- When you apply for the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) Visa so you’ll get a bonus of five extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) points test.
- The successful completion of PYP adds credibility to your CV.
- You’ll receive a Professional Year certificate after completing Professional Year Program.
- You’ll meet other professionals in your field and get a chance to expand your network.
- Professional Year Program increases the opportunities for international students to get into different fields of IT, Engineering and Accounting in Australia.
Duration of PYP
The professional year program completes within 44 to 52 weeks. There’s a 12-week internship placement in which students practically experience what they’ve studied in the PYP. They get the professional training relevant to their program. International students obtain the basic knowledge and skills which are required in Australian industries. In just 44 weeks, students gain so much knowledge and experience that they become highly skilled professionals at the end of their Professional Year Program.
The Professional Year Program is a golden opportunity for skilled international students to start their careers in Australia. PYP consists of 44 weeks which includes 32 days of learning and 12 weeks of internship placement. The overseas students not only learn about this program but also get a chance to practically observe everything they learn. Students work in the Australian industries during their internships for 12 weeks and become highly proficient after completing PYP.
Besides, they can choose any institute in Australia which is offering PYP and they can take admission where they find the most suitable professional year program fee for themselves. As there’s a different structures for the Professional Year Program fee in all institutes of Australia.