Do you wish to live and work in the regional areas of Australia? Then we’re going to pen down all the things which can help you move to Australia.
Skilled Work Regional Visa is a provisional visa that allows skilled migrants to live and work in Australia. The Subclass 491 visa allows people to live for up to 5 years in Australia. You must fulfil the 491 visa conditions before you apply for it. Skilled regional visa holders can study in any designated regional area of Australia. They’re allowed to travel from and to Australia as many times as they want for as long their visa is valid.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491)
The Australian Government is stressing over the development of regional areas of Australia. Therefore, they’ve launched the Subclass Visa 491 to provide career opportunities to skilled employees from all around the world.
Applicants for the Subclass Visa 491 have to pay AUD 4,115 to lodge an application for this visa. Subclass 491 allows the main applicants to add their family members to the visa application. However, there’ll be separate charges for additional applicants. Furthermore, if you live and work in Australia for more than 3 years on the Skilled Regional Visa so you can be eligible to apply for permanent residency in Australia.
Subclass 491 visa conditions
There’re some 491 visa conditions set by the Australian Government to shortlist eligible applicants from all around the world for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa.
Subclass 491 visa conditions are given below:
- You must have a nomination by a state or territory government agency to apply for the Subclass 491.
- Applicants must have sponsorship from any of their relatives who’re eligible residents of Australia.
- The occupation of applicants must be on the Skilled Occupation List.
- Applicants must have a Positive Skills Assessment for their occupation on the Regional or State List.
- Applicants should be 18 to 45 years old while applying for the Subclass Visa 491.
- They must be invited or received a nomination by the State or Region to apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa.
- They must meet the health character requirements.
- Applicants should be competent in the English language and they must score a minimum of 6 marks in IELTS or they should hold the approved passports.
- They must be able to score at least 65 points in the Skilled Migration Points Test.
Processing Time for Subclass 491
75% of Subclass Visa 491 applications get finalized within 10 months. Whereas 90% of visa applications take 13 months to be processed.
However, the processing time for the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa depends on the application. The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) assesses the visa applications according to the case. There’re certain circumstances due to which processing time can be varied. They include,
- If you have submitted your visa application along with the complete documentation to support your claims.
- How quickly you give a response to any query or request for further details.
- How long it takes for the government agencies to receive your additional information concerning character, health, national security requirements
Application Process of Subclass Visa 491
Make sure you meet all the 491 visa conditions and requirements to apply for the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491). You need certain documentation to apply for the Subclass 491. Here’s the complete application process:
- You have to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) in the SkillSelect. Select South Australia as your desired state and choose the relevant Subclass which is 491, Skilled Regional Provisional Visa. You’re required to note down the ID number of your Expression of Interest (EOI) as you may need it for your state nomination application.
- You can use the Skilled and Migration Portal to submit your application for the State Nomination.
- Make a review of your visa application online. Once the nomination application has been processed so it’ll be displayed on the application page of Skilled and Business Migration.
- If your application for state nomination gets approved so you will immediately receive an email from the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) and get the invitation to lodge your application for the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa.
- You can apply for Subclass Visa 491 through the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
If you want to cancel your application so you can submit an online query. Furthermore, all application charges are non-refundable.
Points Allocation for Subclass Visa 491
All of the General Skilled Migration Visas are based on the points test. The Subclass 491 also depends on the points test. The points are commonly based on age, education, English Language proficiency, work experience in Australia and abroad.
Though, the point system for each Skilled Migration Visa has been updated and you can get the additional points under a few categories. They include,
- 10 points for a spouse or skilled partner
- 10 points for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) certificates
- 5 points for those applicants with a de facto partner or spouse who’s proficient in English, however, isn’t a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
- 15 points for people who’re selected by a State or Territory Government or have sponsorship by a family member in regional Australia.
- 10 points for applicants who don’t have a spouse or de facto partner or if the applicant has a de facto partner or spouse who’s a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subsequent Entrant
This visa is particularly designed for a family member of people who have the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491). This Visa is for the subsequent applicants who wish to live, study and work in Australia. Holders of this visa can stay in Australia for as long as the visa of their family member expires who hold a Skilled Work Regional Visa.
Australia is one of the most preferred countries for people from all around the world. It provides numerous opportunities for skilled employees and students to move to Australia and build their careers. Australia has introduced the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491) for skilled migrants who want to move to Australia for living, studying and working permanently.
However, there’re particular Subclass 491 visa conditions and requirements under which applicants can be eligible to get the Subclass Visa 491. If you meet all the conditions then you’ll be granted this visa within a few months after applying.
If you need further assistance or want to apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491), So you can consult with our registered migration agents in Australia for the complete process.
- New ACT CANBERRA SMALL BUSINESS OWNER PATHWAY- 491 VISA
- Latest NSW Skilled Occupation List 2021-22 | Subclass 491 & 190 visa