There’re certain changes that have been made to the conditions and eligibility requirements of the Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021. The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) has made these amendments for all the international students and other applicants who’ve been affected by the Covid-19 travel restrictions in Australia.
A Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) is designed for international students who’re recently graduated from an Australian institute. The overseas students who want to live, study and work in Australia can apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa. They can apply for this visa to get professional skills and training in the field they’ve studied.
The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) allows you to stay in Australia for more than 18 months. You’re allowed to work, travel and study as long as your subclass visa 485 is valid in Australia. However, people who hold the Hong Kong passport can live for 5 years in Australia on Subclass Visa 485. Though, if you want to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021 then you’re free to book your appointment with our registered migration agents in Australia.
Latest Updates in Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021
The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) has recently announced that it has extended the time limit to provide certain documentation. They include biometrics, health check and Proof of English Language tests. Applicants or international students can provide the confirmation of their booking on the ImmiAccount. Moreover, the appointment has to be made in the upcoming 28 days.
Main amendments which have been made to the eligibility criteria and conditions of the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485):
- International graduates can lodge an application for the Temporary Graduate Visa from outside Australia and can also be granted this visa while living in the regional areas of Australia.
- Attending online classes while outside Australia will fulfill all requirements of Australian study for current and new students visa holders
- If applicants are applying from outside Australia so they must hold an eligible student visa apart from the visa supported by Defence or Foreign Affairs and Trade Minister
- There’ll be now a relaxation for providing the biometrics collections, health examination, evidence of English Language Test and it’s only applicable where the services have been disturbed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Deferral of an approved course or online studies will not breach the student visa conditions now.
How to Apply for Temporary Graduate Visa
Applying for the Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021 is very simple as you need to fulfill the latest requirements to be eligible to get this visa. According to the latest changes in the visa 485, international graduates who got affected due to the travel ban of the Covid-19 Pandemic can easily apply for this visa even if they’re outside Australia. Moreover, you must meet all the conditions and provide necessary documentation before you lodge your application for Subclass 485.
Previous Requirements for Subclass 485
Here’re the previous requirements by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) for the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
- Applicants need to be present in Australia while applying for the Subclass visa 485 or they must be living in Australia for the past 16 months
- They’ve scored a minimum of 5 marks in the English language test such as IELTS
- Applicants must have their health insurance along with them
- They must have completed 2 academic years in Australia (92 CRICOS weeks) or a study course relevant to an occupation on the MLTSSL
- Applicants must be under 50 years of age while applying for Temporary Graduate Visa
Outcomes of Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021
The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) offers different opportunities to its applicants in Australia. They include the following benefits.
- Holders of visa 485 can travel from and to Australia as many times as they want until their visa is valid.
- The Temporary Graduate Visa starts right after you’re granted with this visa
- It’s a temporary visa that allows people to stay for 18 months in Australia. While there’s a great opportunity for people who hold a Hong Kong passport can stay for 5 years in Australia.
- Subclass visa 485 allows applicants to add their family members to their visa applications.
- Applicants can also study and work in the well-known organizations of Australia within their stay period on Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
What should you do if your Student Visa expires before the end of your course? What should you do if you want to apply for a 485 visa? Watch Tips to Apply Subclass 485/TR ! that shows you how to get Subclass 485 if your Student Visa expires before the end of your course.
Streams of Temporary Graduate Visa
There’re two main streams of the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) which consists of Post-Study Work Stream and Second Post-Study Work Stream.
Post-Study Work Stream
This visa stream is for overseas people who’ve been graduated from an Australian institution. The Post-Study Work Stream allows applicants to live, study and work in Australia temporarily. Holders of this visa can stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years. However, people who hold a passport to Hong Kong can stay for 5 years in Australia. Moreover, this visa also permits applicants to add their immediate family members to their Graduate Visa application. Applicants are required to pay AUD 1,680 while lodging their application for Post-Study Work Stream.
Second Post-Study Work Stream
This stream is designed for people who previously held a first Temporary Graduate visa Post-Study Work Stream. People who’ve graduated from any institute in the regional areas of Australia are eligible to apply for this stream. They can live, study and work in Australia on Second Post-Study Work Stream.
The Second Post-Study Work Stream allows applicants to live in Australia for 1 to 2 years. They can also work and study during their stay in Australia. However, applicants are supposed to find employment on their own as the Australian Government will not facilitate them in this matter. Furthermore, this visa stream costs around AUD 660.
People who want to live in Australia to get professional experience in their field after graduating can apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485). This is a temporary visa and allows eligible applicants to live, study and work for a specific time in Australia.
However, the Government of Australia has made some changes to the conditions and eligibility criteria of the visa 485. These amendments have been introduced for international students and all other applicants who want to live and work in Australia. Moreover, the updates in the Temporary Graduate Visa in 2021 have been made for overseas people who got affected due to the closure of Australian borders and other travel restrictions of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- 3 Temporary Visa options | Visa Extension Australia
- Australian temporary visas and some exemption in their limitations due to COVID-19