A renowned degree and sound knowledge of a field are very important for anyone’s career but with that right opportunity at the right time are equally significant. There are many skilled people around us who are very talented and qualified but not getting the right opportunities has made the pace of their career very slow. This is why if one wants to accelerate his or her career it is a very decision to make move somewhere where their talent and skills will be utilized in the most effective way. Also, migrating to someplace where there are better chances of growth and prosperity is very good. Today we are talking about Australian permanent visas.
Australia is a place with abundant opportunities for people who have a spark to prove their skills and talents. The Australian economy is based on the revenue generated by many of its industrial sectors. These sectors always have a demand for an efficient, skilled and qualified workforce. Many employers in Australia recruit help from aboard to satisfy the huge demand for skilled people in Australian markets.
Also, the amazing lifestyle and prospects of a good education, health care, modern housing, etc. attract people from all parts of the world. There are some visas in offered by the Australian immigration system that can allow one to come, live and work in Australia. Through these visas, one can enjoy the beautiful environment and amazing opportunities in Australia permanently.
In this blog, we will have a look at some of the Australian permanent visas that are subclass 189 and subclass 186 visas and their different subclasses and we will see how they allow one to live in Australia permanently.
Skilled Australian permanent visas
Australian immigration system offers some visas that allow the skilled people to come to Australia and work there permanently. They also entitle one to various benefits and advantages that he or she can enjoy along with their family in Australia. Let’s have a look at two of these visas:
Skilled independent visa Subclass 189
Subclass 189 visa is for the skilled individual wanting to live and work in Australia permanently. It allows them to come to Australia on the basis of their skills in a particular occupation and the applicant doesn’t need any nomination or sponsorship for this visa. It is one of the most popular visas in the Australian immigration system.
The eligibility condition for this visa subclass is as following
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 45 years
- Should belong to the occupation listed in the relevant occupational list
- Should get his or her skill assessed and the outcome of the assessment should be positive
- The Score in point test should be at least 65 points
- Must get invited to apply for the visa
- Should satisfy health and character conditions
- Be English competent
Employer nomination scheme visa subclass 186
This visa subclass allows the eligible employers in Australia to hire people from overseas for the job position they are offering. But on a condition that he or she should be unable to find the suitable talent for the nominated position in Australia at that particular time. It is a permanent visa that allows its holder to live and work in Australia permanently. This visa has three streams. We will have a look at these streams
Direct entry stream
This visa stream allows its holder who is sponsored by an eligible employer in Australia to come, live and work in Australia permanently. One should belong to the occupation listed in the relevant occupation list for this visa.
- The applicant should get sponsored by an eligible employer
- Should belong to the occupation listed in the relevant occupational list.
- Must have at least 3 years of work experience
- Should get his or her skill assessed and the result of the assessment should be positive
- The age of the candidate should be 45 years or less
- Must be English Competent
- Satisfy all health and character condition
Labour agreement stream
This stream is for those employers in Australia who has an ongoing labour agreement with the department of home affairs to sponsor employees from overseas according to the conditions stated in the agreement.
- The applicant must get sponsored by the employer who has a valid labour agreement with the department of home affairs
- Should get his or her skill assessed and the result of it should be positive or should be according to the terms of the agreement
- Should know enough knowledge of the English language as directed by the agreement’s terms
- Must satisfy all health and character requirements
Temporary visa transition stream
The stream target those who have an Australian temporary visa like subclass 482 visa or subclass 482 visa and they get nominated by an employer in Australia for permanent visa subclass 186.
- The applicant must have worked full-time for an eligible employer for at least 3 years on visa subclass 482 or 485.
- Must get sponsored by an eligible employer
- Should belong to the occupation in the relevant occupational list and the skill assessment should also be positive
- Must know Competent English
This was all about two of Australian permanent skilled visas and how they help you come, live and work in Australia permanently. Hopefully, you find this information interesting and helpful. For more information on it or any other Australia visa consult our best migration agent in Australia.
You can also get information about other visas.
Best Migration Agent Parramatta
Best Migration Agent Perth
Best Migration Agent Sydney
Best Migration Agent Melbourne
Family Visa Australia
Job Ready Program
Subclass 101 Child Visa
Subclass 500 Student Visa
Subclass 189 Independent Skilled Visa
Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa
I’m Nasir Nawaz. I’m a registered migration consultant in Australia. I am based in Sydney. I’ve studied Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. I’m providing immigration services for several years.
Consult with me for legal advice on Australian visas to permanently live, study, and work in Australia.